Sign in to follow this  
essmeier

Flipping a multilayer image in SCALP3

I'm working on an image with two layers in SCALP3.   I need to create a mirror image of this project.  The software will allow me to flip any single layer either vertically or horizontally, but I can't figure out how to flip the entire thing.  If I lock the layers, the option to flip vertically or horizontally has been grayed out.

I've been using Photoshop to flip the individual components and then saving them as reversed images, but it seems to me that I should be able to line up everything the way I want it in SCALP3, save it, and then flip the whole thing and save that.

Am I missing something?

Charlie

Can you group them all together first?  Mirror the images.  Then ungroup and work with the layers ?

Can you group them all together first?  Mirror the images.  Then ungroup and work with the layers ?

This is the easiest way.

Unlock first.  Highlight the objects.  Mirror everything.  Now work with your layers.  I just did it.  

Can you group them all together first?

Don't know how to do that; "group" is grayed out.

Charlie

You have to select more than one shape for the group choice to be available.  

Selecting shapes is done like in any program click on the first one then hold shift and click on any others you want to include in the selection you are working with.

Or just left click and drag to encompass the shapes inside the selection box shown as a dotted line rectangle.

But you can just select the shapes all together and mirror without having to group them.

Be sure none of the shapes are locked (can't sleect if they are locked)

Hi there

For me ,i usually flip image using an image program like  photoshop.But i've never tried to flip the multilayer image before.

I believe there must be a powerful program that supports to flip a multiplayer image.You can have a try.