Sign in to follow this  
performance21

line is cut through entire project

I am new to signblazer. I have just bought MH 871. Can someone tell me why one, sometimes two lines are cut through the middle of my project. What do I do to fix it.

Thanks

Make sure your cutter is properly grounded per the instructions. Check the file you are trying to cut to make sure there are no stray nodes. Select an item and use Node Edit to see. If you can post the file you are thring to cut here, I could look to see if I can find any problems.

when you go to the cutter screen where you send the job to the cutter on the left do you have power weed selected?

Weed is not selected. Just found another topic on this forum that might help also. Can't find the black ground wire? There is a wire in the box that it came in but not sure where to attach it?

Wire is usually not in the box, any wire from the bottom of the plotter to the stand will work though to disappate the static built in the stand - otherwise it discharges thru the carriage causing lots of problems

so do some don't seems to depend on who in china is packing that day LOL

• Like 1

Given the price of copper I'm surprised they include a power cord.

Can I add more memory?

I know on the 721 and 1351 you can but I am not sure on the 871.

The part says: 

4MB Memory Chip for USCutter MH-Series Vinyl Cutters

4MB Chip for Refine Series Plotters, models: MH365, MH721, MH1101, MH1351.

Upgrade your RAM for your Refine Series Plotter from 1MB to 4MB using this chip. PLEASE NOTE: This part is ONLY compatible with earlier versions of the MH vinyl cutter. It will not work with any of the 'MK2' versions of the machine. If you are not sure which version you have, please contact USCutter Support

and only $40 for a  $6-$8  chip - cheap at 1/10 the price!

option 2 is to make your money with the current cutter for a while, lift up the vinyl and slide a new cutter under it with the profits.  I worked my way up thru MH, pcut, copam, several graphtecs and rolands all paid for by the earlier ones

Probably this answer is too late for your question, but this problem is because you have to activate the software you are using, those two lines is like the "watermark" they use until you activate the software. is not because a ground wire or anything else.

Probably this answer is too late for your question, but this problem is because you have to activate the software you are using, those two lines is like the "watermark" they use until you activate the software. is not because a ground wire or anything else.

Thanks for your attempt, to help,  but the op was using Signblazer. software....that is not a problem with Signblazer,    BUT is a problem with Sure cuts A lot (SCALP) software