Sign in to follow this  
billybow

Need some help

Okay so I have a customer that wants a sign with 

Landscaping and Lawn Care

to look like it is growing grass, which is not the problem...

He wants it to have a zero turn mower cutting that grass, so that it looks like it is cutting the grass on top of the letters. This is where I am running into problems....

Does anyone have any ideas or anything they would like to share....:huh:?

Thanks

Billy

Can you sketch out what you're looking for? I'm having a hard time trying to visualize it...

To actually be helpful...maybe get the customer to make a rough sketch of what he has in mind and post it. I usually just put grass across the very bottom of the sign and the customer loves it.

I have a van to do now that requires a zero turn mower and couldn't believe how difficult it was to find 1 to redraw so I wouldn't have to start from scratch. For yours I would weld the grass to the top of the letters so it appears to be growing. Find a spot maybe 2/3 down the line of text and place the mower on top of the letter and node edit the grass that's behind the mower to appear lower in height and uniform like it was just cut. I'm on my home computer but I'll see what I can dig up.

Jay

• Like 1

Yeah I needed a zero turn mower it wasn't that easy to find. Sometimes, the things that you would think would be easy are not.

post-18397-0-47839600-1366333509_thumb.jI had 1 for awhile and never needed it and now I can't find it. :wacko:

• Like 1

Very rough sketch, I would make the grass part of the letters or at least directly on top.

Is this what you're looking for?

Jay

have you cut and weeded that lawnmower? I had one similar and it was a nightmare

I just did a trace on it tonight and set it up for 2 layers, the back is solid red with black on top. I wireframed and other than a little cleanup work it should cut OK. Wish I could find the one I had stashed away. I went through over 5000 image previews trying to find It and the only thing I can think is it was on my pc when the hd crashed.

Maybe this will help someone on here just please not in SC. Wouldn't be very fair to the guy paying me.

Jay

mower.eps

Jay, you nailed it! That is just what he is looking for... Yes searching for a zero turn mower that is actually cuttable is not the easiest thing in the world, but this will help me a lot. I think that sometimes we all think that just about everything has been vectorized until we start trying to find it. 

Thanks for all your help!!!!

Vectorized hell, I couldn't even find a decent black and white jpeg to start from. I would of bet you that there would be at least a dozen zero turns on google to chose from. I would have lost that bet.

Jay

That's better than anything I found on google or yahoo. If I hadn't already put in time on mine I'd snatch that up in a second.

Jay

Well I found one and it's nothing to write home about.  I'll post it but it's going to need a lot of work.  But at least it is a start.

post-24657-0-09698300-1366399441_thumb.j

Yeah, when I talked to my customer I had thoughts of an easy redraw and edit.  Wrong...

Jay

some people have fanciful ideas of what and how much we can do within their budget

• Like 3

some people have fanciful ideas of what and how much we can do within their budget

That is more often then not . And some dont have an idea what it will cost at all . I had a customer wanting a lighted sign on 2 poles 18 ft in the air 5 x 10 double sided sign and actually thought it could've done for $2000.00 or less .

I get em all the time wanting dimensional letters on a coroplast budget.

• Like 1

Search the forum, I posted 1 around the same time this topic was active.