Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Today wasn't good day for my family.

A little side story first, see I'm 36 yrs old I live with my parents not by choice but because of them. My mother. Almost 10 yrs ago was hospital ridden for over two yrs on and off she had a major hernia operation that turned to an infection which attacked her muscles in her legs. During this spout my father started getting severe arthritis in his hip and has problems. However he fights through the pain but needs me to get in and out of chairs, the both can walk to a point but both are medically certified handicaps. I get them food and drinks, and whatever they need so they don't have to walk as much or get up and down. however my dad can still drive. This vinyl decal. Signs, custom vinyls items, T-shirt etc is for me to get money to help with bills and get me some income in.

To the present today Thursday my father and grandmother were going to the DMV and got into an auto accident, both seem to be fine but the van is not. It was t-boned and will be considered scrap it still drives but the side doors are smashed in the rocker panels are gone and you can't even open the passenger front door.. I'm greatful they both are ok, but we know that tomorrow is another day.

your parents are lucky to have you to help them, hopefully things will look up soon

"That'll just buff right out"

---- (standard reply in the AutoForum when someone posts a pic of a total wreck)

Car-Wreck.jpg

So sorry!  Glad to hear that they are alright though, which is what is most important at the end of the day.  You're an angel to be there to help them, it's not an easy task.  Good for you!

Praying for you and your parents!!!

i teach a Bible study home group tonight and we will be lifting up your family before the mighty God this evening

• Like 1

Thank you to all of you, really appreciate the encouragement. As for me being their for them, it is hard specially watching to strong individuals like them, go to needing help. They were there for me growing up and here I am for them. He sad part about this is I have an older brother who doesn't really try and help. So everything comes down to me taking are of parents and doing things for grandma. Kingrupert we need all the prayers we can get, The Lord protected them through the accident.

• Like 1

You will never regret the largest or smallest task that you do for your family . To me family and love are the greatest gifts god gave us . Both of my parents ate gone and I miss them a lot even after all the years . Your brother will regret not being there for them . The best of luck to your family and yourself .

Dan

• Like 2

Not bragging nor complaining.....I gave a rough total of 23 yrs of my 59 yrs to my dad, every time he asked me to come home I did, I left the last time as always he gets grumpy and wont talk, took him about a month to call me, in feb 14th 2010 he past, it tore a new hole in me and I havent gotten past it, I left Lafayette 6 moths later as mom asked me to come home and take care of property and so on, since I am NO mooch and wont dig into her pockets as I gave up working for a yr to take care of her(wife did the dr. thing and med's for her) and the 7 rentals on the property, I went back to work for the same company, I punish myself everyday for not bein there when dad past, when I was in teens I didnt like anything he represented: Pay your bills, get some land, keep your nose clean and so on...I have become exactly what I didnt want to become as I again regret not listening closer....I go to work everyday, pay my bills, keep my nose clean, dont go or doing anything outside of thee realms of my house...But when I go home something is missing, nothing will ever be the same as it was, My dad is gone and sometimes I wished it would have been me as he was my friend regardless what each of us dis-agreed he was my ole man and I miss him....I dont say or talk about him to others as I dont feel they could understand, only my ole lady do I talk to about my people as she lost her mom 10 yrs ago...nough said....

Not bragging nor complaining.....I gave a rough total of 23 yrs of my 59 yrs to my dad, every time he asked me to come home I did, I left the last time as always he gets grumpy and wont talk, took him about a month to call me, in feb 14th 2010 he past, it tore a new hole in me and I havent gotten past it, I left Lafayette 6 moths later as mom asked me to come home and take care of property and so on, since I am NO mooch and wont dig into her pockets as I gave up working for a yr to take care of her(wife did the dr. thing and med's for her) and the 7 rentals on the property, I went back to work for the same company, I punish myself everyday for not bein there when dad past, when I was in teens I didnt like anything he represented: Pay your bills, get some land, keep your nose clean and so on...I have become exactly what I didnt want to become as I again regret not listening closer....I go to work everyday, pay my bills, keep my nose clean, dont go or doing anything outside of thee realms of my house...But when I go home something is missing, nothing will ever be the same as it was, My dad is gone and sometimes I wished it would have been me as he was my friend regardless what each of us dis-agreed he was my ole man and I miss him....I dont say or talk about him to others as I dont feel they could understand, only my ole lady do I talk to about my people as she lost her mom 10 yrs ago...nough said....

I am sorry I didnt mean to post it twice..got worked up and didnt think..I apologize for this error

I lost my father 40 years ago this year on the 23 of June 1973 and my mother on the 16 of June 1995 and there is still a hole there that can not be filled . But we just as they did grow up start our own family's and lifes and move on I spent every spare hour I had helping my mother on the farm after my father died and still feel like I could have done more but in reality I am sure that they did not expect that because most parents are programmed to give to their children and not expect anything at all in return except love.

Dan

Ya made me go search my harddrives for sumpthin....My dad and I workin on the riding lawn mowr..I was living down Ocala workin down there and always came up on my days off and help him till time to leave...One of the moments that my wife with camera took a shot of us...The other is of dad while in the Army in 1953..He met my mother in Coburg,Germany and then I came along...

post-36467-0-51487000-1364179258_thumb.j

post-36467-0-40900500-1364179272_thumb.j

• Like 1