gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

My first month i only used Greenstar vinyl ..  So i could learn and practice my cuts lol 

now i wouldn't touch it

Yes, it takes practice.  Unless, you have done it before,, Then, it's a matter of learning a  new machine...and that also takes practice. But knowing graphics is a plus.

I have 2    28' MH-721's

The only reason i have 2 is ... i was scrolling on craigslist one day and one was on there for $100 with stand and vinyl and extra blades and almost brand new. some old lady was useing it as a craft machine and barley used it .. So i offered them $80 and they took it and it even came with a stand..and the cutting tape on it was almost brand new.. I'm not sure used it more then 10 times lol .. For $80 i bought it intending to use it for parts if need be.. but that one ended up working better then the one i had in the first place that i paid $300+ for  2 years ago..

So i have 2 machines and 2 stands..  :)

Those personal attacks make ya feel warm and fuzzy don't they?  supplies over the long run will be many times what the cutter cost - now some would rather you buy that from the competition also.  That is the exact reason that people are afraid to post HONEST answers here and it is very skewed.  If you let the help they recieve make people feel good they will purchase from you in the future.  If you feel that you can't get an honest answer - people will always go elsewhere.  People that make lots of signs offer real experience - those that make a couple of personal use banners a year blow smoke

This ain't rocket science ----

I had my MH up and running from day one, wasting basically NO vinyl, and being paid for sign jobs immediately.

And Dakota is 100% correct, I guarantee USCUTTER is perfectly satisfied as a business enterprise to be given the consumables purchases of anyone, regardless of where they obtained their machine.

Hey, Glenn, being a BadBoy ain't always a bad thing!!!

badboys.gif

• Like 2

Ya, Try not to let Rodger get to you, he has a fog pulled over his eyes and cant see past his glasses for the most part.  ;D

• Like 1

I got my MH 721 up in one day and started making $ right away i had some customers lined up before i even bought my first machine! so it was paid for in almost 2 days after i got it :)

Yes it's not rocket sience but it does take a little bit of time to learn what you can and can't cut and learning how to make vector images lol

I'm still learning on new jobs ..

I got my MH 721 up in one day and started making $ right away i had some customers lined up before i even bought my first machine! so it was paid for in almost 2 days after i got it :)

Yes it's not rocket sience but it does take a little bit of time to learn what you can and can't cut and learning how to make vector images lol

I'm still learning on new jobs ..

Vectors?

What are those?

B)

• Like 1

gcextreme, you are not the bad guy - integrity should never be confused with blind loyalty.  For anyone to have integrity would be to always tell the truth reguardless of personal consequence or benifit.  truth sells - 

• Like 2

You can be a bad guy.. but this does not mean you are a  Bad..Guy...   (from wreck it ralph)    LoL :)

Lol someone should do a vecotr image of that...have Wreckit Ralph with that saying above and below him.

Was curious on the difference in price of greenstar to oracal -  44 cents a yard on  a 24" wide roll  or about 7 cents a sq ft.   not much for the quality difference.  

Hey dakota...how do u have your graphtec hooked up?

By serial port or the keyspan (what is that?)or usb?

Also if im doing stuff using illustrstor...how do i send it to the cutter...is there an option for that?

Also is it possible to have two computers hooked up to it like network printer sharing?

Ya, Try not to let Rodger get to you, he has a fog pulled over his eyes and cant see past his glasses for the most part.  ;D

Hmm , I did not call anybody a " Bad Guy " . I said what he done seemed wrong to me . I also described several other threads/posts where members of this forum advised to buy from USC competitors . If anybody wants to dramatise that into a pity party .. no problem with me ... It is still wrong no matter how many agree with it . I see an insurance company's ads that say they will find a person the cheapest rate even if it is from a competitor ... Some companies at least say that ... & USC has been similair  , allowing WAY more than what 99.99 % of the general public would allow ( I have not seen anybody post info on where a similair thing could be posted in some place they own/pay for , frequent like a website or Facebook etc :huh: Go to the company's website/forum & post something similair & see how many seconds/minutes it stays up !!! I have  ) . I take that section that was refered to as helping people who already bought elsewhere , not using this forum for it's benifits & then buying elsewhere . If being realistic & having a sense of being fair is " a fog pulled over my eyes & can't see past his glasses for the most part " , I am glad of it !!! btw , how did you know i wore glasses ? I try to be realistic & fair in all things . I read where this member posted a competitors name & that they were selling cutters $300 cheaper than USC . I don't mind that at all .. except doing it on a forum that is paid for by USC does not seem to be fair at all & I think that is realistic ... now he is a salesman for that company on USC's forum for however long those posts are read . I am just a member  , so I give my opinion when I want as everybody can . If I sent anybody to the therapists , I did not mean to :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .. I suspect some bit of a conscience did more than my post ... if any conscience exists . I think the only person who can take any bit of pride away from me is myself . I don't ecpect everybody else to consider pride & what it is based upon as important as I do . Just because a company is huge & there is a common feeling that it isnt hurting anybody . anything negative actually does . This forum is a valuable tool for USC & to it's members & anybody wanting info on vinyl cutting & printing. I will do what I can in a positive way & won't do anything in a negative way . If the owners ever decide to close it , I know I did not contribute anything negative .. but mainly have the pride that I am fair , show appreciation & have been taught better morals than most .

i understand what u are saying...

but just because i am out looking for info and gathering knowledge about what cutter to buy, and i join this USCutter forum... doesn't make me obligated to buy a cutter from them....

no where in the terms/policies/rules section when i registered here at this forum did it say i had to buy a cutter from them if i joined this forum..

i just got off the phone with uscutter and finalized my order of about $300 worth of vinyl.... thats just my starting package order... i am sure they are still more than happy that i am buying supplies from them....

now please stop crashing my thread!

"I am your Sunshine , your only Sunshine , I make you happy when skies are gray ..."

I think youre a rain cloud..here to rain on my parade!

• Like 2

not good...cold...some snow, lots of wind....

and i am home sick with a cold... runny stuffy nose, cough, fever, headache....

so i am not at work making money... so i might as well try to work on my computer here and work on some graphics and my website..

• Like 1

some bring happiness where ever they go , some when ever they go!  Does this make you want to continue buying your supplies from usc or find a better place for info and supplies - just sayin!

386568_529470560428947_613896269_n.jpg

#1 reason people leave - negativity and sensorship
     reason people stay - honest help and positive reinforcement.

i understand what u are saying...

but just because i am out looking for info and gathering knowledge about what cutter to buy, and i join this USCutter forum... doesn't make me obligated to buy a cutter from them....

no where in the terms/policies/rules section when i registered here at this forum did it say i had to buy a cutter from them if i joined this forum..

i just got off the phone with uscutter and finalized my order of about $300 worth of vinyl.... thats just my starting package order... i am sure they are still more than happy that i am buying supplies from them....

now please stop crashing my thread!

"I am your Sunshine , your only Sunshine , I make you happy when skies are gray ..."

I think youre a rain cloud..here to rain on my parade!

Fair enough . I did not mean for you to take it as you being obligated AT ALL ( way too dramatic for me ) . If you can't take 1 opinion ( mine ) over the internet .. ahh you might want to realize anything over the internet is not to be taken very seriously IMO . The Sunshine thing was meant sarcastic from the beginning ( to a 2 faced , backstabbing member that had a squabble with Marcus , USC & me a long time ago .. he is stalking me & I got scaded & put him on my " ignore " list  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  ), so you finally got my humor :) . That is all I wanted to say ( " seems wrong " ) , so enjoy & I agree USC will be happy to have you as a customer . btw , IF anybody posts something to allow competitors to post on anything of theirs , let me know ... I have seen what happens on other places . I see $1 per square foot of printed vinyl in many places , but don't post that here out of respect for the printers here .

• Like 1

Ok Rodger..got ya....

----

On a side note... im throwing together a quick re-design of my site and stuff... its nothing fancy or special..its simple and plain, yet pretty cool...

let me know what u think...

also check out my prices on stuff...tell me if i am too high or low...

thanks

Hooked up with usb on the graphtec will work fine

Picking up a qe60 now be home in 3 hrs