gcextreme

new here need help on purchase

thanks guys...got tons of stuff... my kart is like at $300!! thats $50 over my limit of $250 i had for supplies....oh well... lol..

im already working on my facebook page and going to start re-doing my website soon....

come spring i can deck out my truck and topper with vinyl advertising!!

here are some pics of my truck... u can see some of the other decals i had made by a local shop..

20130216_141328_zpsd1d84c17.jpg

20130216_141136_zps86618a21.jpg

WP_003183.jpg

hey quick question... will i be able to make my own pinstriping that goes down the side of the truck.... i want to replace my grey line with a black barbed wire pattern.

What about it?

By the way, you just posted "thanks guys...got tons of stuff... my kart is like at $300!! thats $50 over my limit of $250 i had for supplies....oh well.."

You were told about this way back on page 1 of this long thread, after you mentioned a small budget of $500. for a cutter (which has now turned into over $1300, without a heat press)

and SKEETER and mabscotthandyman immediately pointed out that supplies will cost ya.

yeah yeah...lol... thanks man

about that vinyl...is that the chrome/silver i think i want??

holy crap... its going to be $179 to ship all this stuff?? WTF?

Where are you ordering from?  Every order I've ever placed through US Cutter has been $9 - and that included 3 boxes totaling over 100# for my Graphtec, stand and starter kit...

for some reason... the shipping calculator thing would give me all the options for different shipping methods, and the $9 basic shipping was there....but when i went to my checkout....that option wasnt there!

Then once i figured out that i had to remove a business name and PO box from my address... the $9 shipping option showed up.

Now with an order of like $300 i tried first using my debit card, and it was declined... then tried using paypal... it wouldnt process...wtf..

so i removed all the vinyl rolls off the kart and just kept the tools, a $75 order... it went thru on my card just fine!

Then i went back an added all the rolls of vinyl again, about $225 worth... tried my card again...it was declined again!

I dont have a spending limit on the card, and there is like $4K in my account... so why a small $225 purchase isnt going thru, i dont know!

anyway i selected the option to call with payment...and will call them monday morning.

Yes, supplies get expensive and add up quickly. My weekly delivery is normally around $1500 in just roll material. Then inks, substraits, etc. uggggg. 

wow thats alot man!!

----

I want to THANK everyone here for assisting me and giving me advice...helping me make a smart (expensive), but smart, purchase.....

I am currently going thru the Graphic sharing threads, and collecting stuff.....

once i get a good collection...and start adding my own creations (which i will gladly share!) i hope i can repay all the help and generosity u guys have given me...

:)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

If anyone has any more links on where to get free stuff....or cheap stuff.... please send them my way!

Also i am sure once my cutter arrives... i will need help getting it set up...

Here's other stuff i still need:

A basket for my graphtec ce5000

A nice table, work space setup, any ideas? whats a lightbox?

Thanks guys

Hmmm , wanting help on a forum paid for by USC with setting up a cutter bought from another company . Just seems wrong to me . I would not admit that , IF I did what you did ( I would not do that ) . I have an opinion of myself & I honor my sense of integrity . I shake my head when I read member's posts promote direct sompetitors on USC's site . I have seen ANY similair post immediately removed from other forums that are paid by any other comapnies . Marcus was " big " enough to alow stuff like that . i hope the new owners of USC are more standard business like & use the delete button more , plus ban any member who keeps being 2 faced , backstabbing , disloyal . I don't care to interact with anybody conducting themselves like that :) ( more additions to my " Ignore List " ) . Anybody think otherwise , please post your websites , facebook acounts & see if you allow posts that are negative to your endevours ... :lol:  :angel:  :bear: 

Sorry... gosh...im new here.... and i just bought a crap load of supplies from USCutter.....

and yes they do sell the graphtec ce5000, and i bought it elsewhere... it was like $500 cheaper on clearance....sorry if that makes me a bad guy :(

Oh hey..i hate to prove you wrong...and get on your bad side... but there is actually a section on this forum... that is dedicated to helping out with what u just said was wrong. 

Competitor Cutter Help

So you bought from someone else? We will still try and help.

competitor_zpse2017848.jpg
  • Like 1

hey everybody has their opinions that what makes they county so great..(well use to be). so what if he bought his cutter else where but the main thing is he still bought all his supplies from uscutter. i dont see anything wrong with what he did. where does it say he cant post where he bought his cutter from or what he does with it. 

• Like 1

THANK YOU Jessehop

I was going to buy a value cutter from USCutter, i was looking at the SC series and LPII series... for almost 2 weeks i was going back and forth on what to buy with a limited starting budget......

i have no complaints against USCutter, i will probably continue to buy all my vinyl and other supplies from them! It's not my fault this other place had the same model graphtec for $500 cheaper than what they had.... does USC do price comparison-matching, like Wal-Mart?? if so, if they would have matched that price.. i would have bought it from them...

But please... don't try to make me feel like the un-welcomed new guy here like i did something really bad....

and like i clearly pointed out in post #115, this USCutter forum...has a section and title that clearly signals that they are ok if you bought a cutter from a competitor...and they are still willing to help!

Just curious.  did you see all the EXTRA stuff that came with the CE5000-60 here?  That is why it was $1695 here.   So, you just bought the cutter alone for $1400.00   And spent another $300+ on materials. 

http://www.uscutter.com/Graphtec-CE5000-Series-Vinyl-Cutter-Equipment-Bundle

I bought the same thing for my son last spring.  It was a pretty good deal.

What do you have for vector design software? This came with Corel x4  that you can use with the Cutting Master2,  As there is no design software with a Graphtec.  Only cutting software.

• Like 1

yeah it comes with that  greenstar vinyl everyone says to stay away from..and to stay away from bundles and starter kits....

i would rather spend $300 on the good Oracal 651 vinyl.....

• Like 1

yeah it comes with that  greenstar vinyl everyone says to stay away from..and to stay away from bundles and starter kits....

i would rather spend $300 on the good Oracal 651 vinyl.....

so your going to learn  with the  good stuff?  Boy your planing on your first cut being perfect.? Right out of the gate. . Good luck with that.   Better make little things, so you don't mess up too much and use your good vinyl up.  There is a learning curve and experience to get there.

My first month i only used Greenstar vinyl ..  So i could learn and practice my cuts lol 

now i wouldn't touch it

• Like 2