mb20music

Markk077

Spells his name with 2 Ks ... not your " cup of tea " ?

Have you read any of his replies to posts?

Here is one from today:

Dark*Star,

I know your question. It really comes down to to your understanding of measurements and scaling. I don't mean on a computer, but in real life.

You may need a better understanding on how your software handles this.

He admitted to typing while drinking in 1 thread where he gave some rough advice & was rude . He must take reading threads a bit too serious IMO or in a bad mood starting out . This forum is not snarky at all & best to not comment if it can't be nice . John has not had to school anybody for a long time . Start messing up too much & you will have to get any posts approved before they are actually posted . Sometimes that is not right away :lol: .

• Like 1

Actually his remarks are very calm to a few we had a while back that was very rude and condescending to some of the newbies and everyone that had a different perspective I belive John gave them extended vacations . I don't think Markk is always trying to be rude it just comes off that way sometimes . The biggest thing with condescending and rude answers is that it could sway a beginner to fail before they even really get started . The majority of the members are hobby type cutters or maybe just trying to make a little sideline money but it has ticked some people off that do signage for a living why I don't know . I am a firm beliver in do onto your brother as you would have him do onto you .

• Like 1

This could get interesting... Who brought popcorn?

Jay

• Like 1

Take care what you say..it is against forum rules to personally attack another member.

• Like 2

I'm guilty of it myself sometimes, what is called the "eye-roll" reaction.

A few times I've jumped in with a snarky reply, or tried to let the person know -- "Hey, this is beyond simple...are you kidding?" (or words to that effect)

One thread recently, I even caused the original poster to abandon their entire train of thought, she deleted the whole thing, and left.

It's not something I'm proud of, really, but just thought I would mention that it happens, and when it does, it's worth taking a step back and reflecting on the main focus of these Forums.

I believe that in the overall scheme of my participation here (over 1200 postings) I've provided legitimate assistance, clear directions, proper advice, and avoided being too judgemental.

And when an eye-roll is truly warranted, sometimes it's better just to keep silent.

It is best to ignore the posts that seem to want others to do the work/effort instead of trying themselves . Then if simple requests /questions hit a member the wrong way , ignore it instead of being rude to ANY extent . There are members who just have a bit more experience than the member asking , that can answer & pay back for the help they have gotten in the past . Everybody stays happy & interact without the nastiness .

• Like 1

Could have just had a bad day, everybody gets them. Unfortunately bad days are coming more frequent than others. Lets face it with this financial downers spiral people and business' aren't spending on things like they use to. Maybe he lost a job to someone or something else bad happened lots of factors. Don't let him get too you, and if he posts on another members thread or comment if that person is a newbie pm him or her and tell them to not mind him.

• Like 1

It is best to ignore the posts that seem to want others to do the work/effort instead of trying themselves . Then if simple requests /questions hit a member the wrong way , ignore it instead of being rude to ANY extent . There are members who just have a bit more experience than the member asking , that can answer & pay back for the help they have gotten in the past . Everybody stays happy & interact without the nastiness .

Good advice Roger, for everyone.

Thanks Jay .. I " try " to follow it  . I don't even read many members post after loosing regard for them . I block some members so i won't be tempted to respond .

• Like 1

No wonder you dont reply to me anymore lol. JK

To be honest it was a few people like him that kinda pushed me out of forum. I check back from time to time but havent been active like I was cause had no use for the drama some brought. Some, not all or a lot.

• Like 2

Take a run over to the 101 forum if you want to see abuse. Remember this is NOT a sign makers forum. It is in tended for newbees who just bought maybe their first cutter. There is no such thing as a stupid question.We were all green as grass once.

Meanwhile, feel free to report any post that you think is insulting to someone. I'll take care of it.

• Like 4

No wonder you dont reply to me anymore lol. JK

To be honest it was a few people like him that kinda pushed me out of forum. I check back from time to time but havent been active like I was cause had no use for the drama some brought. Some, not all or a lot.

I have enjoyed your input etc & enjoy your humor as in this post . I don't read certain threads because of the members involved or the direction taken . There is a thread recently that I understand , but don't like . It is about the members who ask for things instead of trying themselves , but takes an abrasive stance IMO . If it seems there is no effort from the asking member , breeze past it & find something interesting to discuss in another thread . I try not to read the members who seem to have " good & bad moments " constantly . Over or under medicated is probably much of the explanation of the behavoir imo . This is a nice hang out for the experienced & especially to people just buying their 1rst cutter . This forum was the reason i bought from USC . Some members are not consistant & need to be left alone .There has been PLENTY of discussion where nobody was holding hands , just rudeness was not used . There is no problem disagreeing as long as members are not disagreeable :) .

Rodger I know that post I replied to It. I guess to me or how I do things I try first then if I fail I ask for help. Always been that way. But to keep with this thread being rude or insensitive Isn't right either.

• Like 2

Everyone at one time or another will say something either intentional or not that comes out rude and abrasive I have spouted more then one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth as soon as it came out and more often then not to the one that matters the most to me my wife . When I worked for Orange County in Orlando Fl. The truck that I drove had a sticker on the dash that read MAKE SURE BRAIN IS ENGAGED BEFORE PUTTING MOUTH IN GEAR I belive that is good advice for all of us .

• Like 4

Rodger I know that post I replied to It. I guess to me or how I do things I try first then if I fail I ask for help. Always been that way. But to keep with this thread being rude or incesative Isn't right either.

I am not a grammer cop at all ... I took incesative as insensitive ( that might not be the correct spelling  ) :huh:?? :)

I am not a great speller .. I actually looked the word up in case it was something I had never came across before . I had to look up " chive on " because I had never heard that before :)

No worries about it, sometimes I type without thinking and I'll be yeahhhhhh that looks good or I will spell it right and the Ipad will wrongfully correct it.

Got an ipad2 last week and noticed how bad it spelled for me, Wish I could turn off spellcheck.

Embarrass is right I asked a male friend to go out on a date without trying. I tried to find out what date he wanted me to have his windshield decal done. Still no answer lol.