harleytuner

Text in a shape

I am trying to add differn't text in a harley bar and shield logo. I want to put LOUIE'S where the Motor is and BAR where the cycles is. So I need to know if it's possible to draw the shapes (kind'e like a triangle) and have the font go into that shape. Does this make sence? I can post an image when I get to another computer

It can be done in Corel too...use envelope tool.

Sue2

• Click on the A for Text, type your text.

• Create the shape you want

• Click on the Select and Transform Objects icon (that is the big arrow that you find in the toolbox) and select the text and the shape that you created. Press the Shift key after you click on the text, and without letting go of the Shift key, click on the shape in order to select both.

• On the Menu bar, choose Text, Put On Path.

• Now your text is following the path.

Thanks guys, I do use sign blazer.  It just seams that half the features don't work in the version I have.

Thanks Promise, i'll give that a try.

Corporate Harley is as proactive as Disney in defending copyright infringement . They might want to " talk " to you if you have paperwork linking you . My wife worked for the Annapolis store for 5 years as a manager & there were plenty of people who got in do-do over things like this . There is an old thread where a law firm set up a gal & dragged her thru the mud over a 95 cent decal . Be wary .

edit; It was a Dewalt decal that got the gal in trouble in the thread I am referring to .

Corporate Harley is as proactive as Disney in defending copyright infringement . They might want to " talk " to you if you have paperwork linking you . My wife worked for the Annapolis store for 5 years as a manager & there were plenty of people who got in do-do over things like this . There is an old thread where a law firm set up a gal & dragged her thru the mud over a 95 cent decal . Be wary .

Thanks for the heads up, It's going to be etched on a mirror for my Buds basement bar.  I guess I should look into it a little further, i'm not selling it or anything.

I was able to do exactly what I wanted in SignBlazer, thanks so much.  I played with it in Inkscape and didn't get the desired effect.  I will mess with it some more since I would like to get more familiar with both programs.  But for now I got what i need.  you guys are the best!!

That is much different than if making for a regular bar .. i was not sure . Always best to be safe than sorry . Personal use stuff like that has little to no exposure & I make plenty of stuff like that ( not a Harley guy though , I like the fast stuff . I had a V-Rod , but it was a boring ride . Roadracing sorta spoiled my idea of fun :) .

I gotta say, the thread is a PERFECT example of how the USCutter Forum community is able to provide well-described solutions to tricky problems.

This is simply the coolest group of people I've encountered online.

Harleytuner, you are right, absolutely "the best" ----------------

• Like 3

That is very true Slice ............ And I keep going to sign blazer for most of my design and cutting I also have Flexi 10 and scalp but I can do it faster and easier in SB . I think us cutter should have tried to get the rights to signblazer and and developed it for their own brand of software .

Dan

Yes, the more I get familiar with SB the more I like it.  And Slice, you are right.  the community at this forum rocks!!