Monkey

New version

Couldnt find a thread to just put when new versions are out but just downloaded the 3.040 version tonight. I had found where it told what the change was but cant find it again for the life of me.

Pulling my hair out at the moment trying to get the plug-in from corel to work. Downloaded it from both craftedge and the uscutter downloads and neither install the plug in.

"If all goes well then you should have an entry under the application launcher in Corel Draw that says "Send to SCAL3Pro""

Not a very comforting way to say it in the instructions for installing it....obviously mine didnt go well

HA, knew it was there cause I read it, but for the life of me couldnt find it again lol. Thanks for posting link

<p>A picture is worth a thousand words. That's how I fund the plug-in in Corel Draw. Hope this helps & works for you!!</p>

<div></div>

Yeah thats where its supposed ot be but mine isnt. Support emailed me back asking if I was using 32 or 64 bit. I told them 64 bit and havent heard anything else back

They just sent me 3.042 after I was having trouble tracing JPG images. If I made them in photoshop it would tell me they werent supported when trying to use the trace function. But with this new 3.042 you can drag and drop AI and EPS Files!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried it and it worked, so now we can use those files in SCALP also.

• Like 1

That's good news to know .eps files are supported. I pretty much gave up on SCALP for most everything except cutting files from Inkscape.

-Scott

Just downloaded 3.043 off craftedge site and can import straight in eps and ai files. Tested it and it works. Just click the import button up by trace and pick your eps or ai

• Like 1

EPS support. Now they've got my interest! Thank you!

Hey Bear , That is good ... ANYTHING that keeps you from hiBEARnating !!!

• Like 1

Nope, they just lost all my interest!

#1: I thought the software would run on all my computers without being "activated". Yes, I knew it wouldn't cut, but who cares. I just need to be able to design on several computers and only cut on one. Well. I installed the update a few minutes ago and guess what? "The demo version has expired" and I can't run the software any more. I would say how I feel about this but then I would be banned from the forum! :angry:

#2: Okay, so I finally have to activate the software on my cutting computer. If I have to I have to... Nope, it won't let me. Apparently my serial number is invalid! Get a different message if I try to manually validate. Okay, so I need to run the software and they can't get the stupid validation right. Ya know, I'm almost at that point where I would say what I think about their validation/activation stuff. Childish, imbecilic, archaic. What. the disabling of cutting isn't enough for them?

No thanks. I have better things to do than fart around with this and waste my time. SB and Corel/Inkscape work fine and I can run them on any computer I wish. I buy software, I get a serial number and that should be it. They have aggravated me right away from worying about more updates and trying to figure out their user interface. SB works fine....

:angry::bear:

There was a batch of bad serial numbers. All you have to do is contact them and they will give you a good one. A few of us had to do that, took a few min. You should be able to use it on 2 computers.

I just downloaded the upgrade and it was up to 3.044 now.  Not sure what the update was but I wanted to be able to inport .eps files.  Update---I think the .eps file I tried to open was corrupt....  3.044 has opened other .eps files for me.

-Scott

hmm I tried a few different AI and EPS files with the 3.043 and each worked. Wonder if I want to upgrade or not to .044 now lol.

I have a feeling the .eps file is corrupt or not correct.  A friend did the vector trace in Inkscape and I'm not sure he did it right.  I walked him through the process but he may have screwed it up.  I opened a couple of my .eps files and they seemed to open.

-Scott

• Like 1

Got an email from Craftedge support today about the Corel Plug in not working with my CorelDraw x6. They have now added a 64 bit plug in to download. I downloaded it and it seemed to have worked. I have the option now in Corel to send to SCALP. Havent had a chance to actually try it but least its there now....wasnt before. Also went ahead and got the 3.044 version for SCALP while I was there.

Im really impressed with the Craftedge support. They seem to really care about issues we have, and try to fix them the best they can as timely as they can.