Sign in to follow this  
Pcrat

offset issue

Ok large cuts come out great, weed exellent. but the smaller i go the worse it gets, i notice alot that on the smaller ones it dont connect at corners,, so ive been messin around with the offset, well pen plotting first for testing.. but as you can see in the picture..

no offset is ALMOST perfect..

the higher i go the worse it gets..

im using flexisign Pro 8, Rolan pnc 1000 driver with the mh 871 mk2 cutter. Blades say .250-1.000mm

in the default job properties it wont even let me go past .100.

weird the higher i go tho the WORSE this looks.. i tried it at .093 and then .100 ( not much difference but,)

i think its a 45 degree blade in it..

but with pen plotting first you can see what my vinyl was doing..

and also u can see it draws a straight line first before it goes on to the text to be cut.

:huh: thoughts?

Thanks

post-25991-0-17393600-1351634148.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, with pen plotting your offset should be 0, as the point of the pen is centered in the blade holder... So it makes perfect sense that pen plotting with a 0 works the best...

I understand....

but with the blade it does the same thing when i up the offset it starts that look.. even if i up the offset just a little.

and also it creates a straight line before it begins to cut the text or image i create in flexi..

if put the offset to say .05 the straight line is alot shorter but still creates one

and another thing,,, when press the test button, it creates a star shape, and where it starts and ends ( same point ) it dont connect.. so that CANT have to do with the offset since that has nothing to do with software tho ...

weird..

Have you tried a different font? I have a font that acts funny, I just avoid that font. Are you connected via USB?

Try the RedSail driver, if your software has that option.

Also, it almost seems like the material isn't properly tracking, especially since you mention that the test cut also fails. Check your roller tension, and crank it down more to see if that helps.

I have my Flexi software in inches. for blade offset.. Not mm... so it is close to . 0.0098425 inches which =0.25mm

that is probably why you cannot go any higher in the setting. It is set on inches. So, you are way high on that blade offset number, try 0.0098..... inches

yep its in in.

the pen im using is a normal desk pen, it just wasnt tight enough...

Yep connected USB. Ive tried and tried with the serial cable ( i have a serial connection on pc ) and it will start to cut/plot, then just go off and do some stair steps lookign things untill it hits the other end of the cutter. but not with the usb. ( it also is grounded )

I KNEW IT as im typing, i was gonna take another picture of the test cut.. of course it worked great.

so yea it was at .100in lol so of course its gonna create that..

But now im at .250mm =.010in

it moves, tapes twice creates a smaller line before it starts the main image.. as u can see in the picture.. as for cutting now it seems to be better except for that begging cut/tapping.

dont worry about the stray line at the bottom, thats from pulling the paper out.

.post-25991-0-64183200-1351715208.jpg

In Signcut I noticed if I put anything in for an offset it creates a problem. I leave it at zero and everything works ok. Might be worth trying with a zero offset.