I ordered my CT630 a couple of years back. This was my first vinyl cutter. I am an airbrush artist, and I thought this would be a great compliment to my craft. I tried using it to do some cutting. I made a mistake that cut into the plastic backer for the blade. At first, I didn't know that would be a problem. I tried some more cutting and things weren't working out so well. The vinyl was getting destroyed in the areas where I had gouged the plastic backer.

I did some research online and figured out that I needed to replace that backer. No big deal, or so I thought. I ordered a new one from USCutter ( which is where I purchased the cutter ) . A few days later the strip arrives in the mail. I tried to install it and it didn't fit. I called them and, come to find out they sent me out the wrong one. They exclaimed " that's what we ship for the CT630", and I finally convinced them what they shipped was not for the CT630.

They sent me out another strip that they took off of one of their ones in their shop. It had gouges in it and I called them to ask why my "Brand new" strip was defective, they were apologetic and said that that was just a temporary until the new ones came in.

Another week or two goes by and still no strip. I called them and they said the shipment had not come in. A few days later I got another " used " strip. I sent them an email telling them I would not be doing any more business with them, and that I should have purchased a product from a reputable retailer.

I thought I was done with the CT630, but after a year or so of sitting I thought I would give it another try. I was having trouble with the cutter doing some funny things. I did a ton of research online and found that a lot of people were having the same problem that I was. Finally, I opened up the top.... Guess what I found? GO ON GUESS? The carriage head has 4 wheels that ride on rails. One of the wheels had broken off. And on further investigation, the part that had broken off had been HOT GLUED ON!

I got to tell you I am über pissed about this. They sold me a machine that was supposed to be BRAND NEW. Not a damaged product that had been poorly repaired.

As a result, I want to make sure that everybody I can reach knows what kind of business practices USCUTTER involves itself in. This is fraud.

I am in the process of making the repair myself. My only other option ( since its been so long ) is to buy a new carriage. That would cost about half what I paid for the stinking machine.

If I am unsuccessful with the repair, I will purchase another cutter. However, I can guarantee you it will NOT be from USCutter!

• Like 1

You do know these are made in China at the Creation factory, and shipped here, right? So, were you expecting for USCUTTER to open that box ,from China and test every part on it before they shipped it to you? Just wondering. How would THEY know if the wheel was broken? They don't make the machines. 1 post, of only a complaint, after 2 years of owning this machine says a lot... :rolleyes: It has been said many times on here, that you can use a strip of reflective tape over your cutting strip and it will work fine for your cutter.

I have yet to see Walmart or Best Buy, test my computers before they sell them to me. You get them right out of the box from the manufacturer. Same here.

• Like 2

I understand your frustration with the cutter strip. It shouldn't take that many tries to get it right. I agree with Skeeter on the carriage though. USCutter doesn't check all of the machines before they ship them. For the number they sell, they have very few issues.

I understand your frustration with the cutter strip. It shouldn't take that many tries to get it right. I agree with Skeeter on the carriage though. USCutter doesn't check all of the machines before they ship them. For the number they sell, they have very few issues.

They haven't even sold those Pcut strips for well over a year. They can't get them. The ad is there, but it always says> OUT OF STOCK.

• Like 1

Also if the blade was out at a extreme amount the head could have been on a bind and broke the wheel when it dug into the cutting strip. It never fails to amaze me at the complaints because people fail to take the time to learn their new machine it's setup and how to use it correctly with this forum people should have a good understanding of the cutter/cutting process before they buy . If they did not find the forum beforehand they should have read the manual completely before starting the machine .

Dan

• Like 1

Also if the blade was out at a extreme amount the head could have been on a bind and broke the wheel when it dug into the cutting strip. It never fails to amaze me at the complaints because people fail to take the time to learn their new machine it's setup and how to use it correctly with this forum people should have a good understanding of the cutter/cutting process before they buy . If they did not find the forum beforehand they should have read the manual completely before starting the machine .

Dan

I hear ya Dan! When I got my machine, before I even powered it up I had checked to make sure the carriage was on track and nothing looked out of sorts. I even followed instructions at start.uscutter.com ...

Jeremy if every one would do that it would make their entrance into vinyl cutting much less frustrating . In the time I have been on the forum I would wager that over 90 percent of the complaints have been self inflicted mistakes after all it isn't a radio you can't just plug it in and start playing or at least without educating yourself some beforehand .

Dan

Exactly Dan! Thats the problem with every tom, dick, and harry that thinks that one of these machines is simple. Hell, I spent 2-3 weeks "lurking" the forums before I purchased learning what I could! LOL I see all the complaints, and I just shake my head.. maybe we should ignore them.. lol

My experience with the Pcut is not my point of contention. Yes I have had the cutter for a couple of years, but, I have never successfully used it for my art work. My complaint is strictly with USCutter. They are not conducting business strictly as a retailer, in my opinion. Do you think the manufacturer would send out a machine with HOT MELT GLUE holding a critical part together? I really don't think so.

It is possible that I could have broken the part, but that still does not explain the HOT MELT GLUE and the little spider webs from it inside my cutter.

You can defend USCutter if you want. I am only telling my story. Like I said, WHEN I buy another cutter, it will not be from USCutter

So what your saying He11 is that if you bought say a frozen dinner from the store and it had a dead rat in it, that would the stores fault?? I wouldn't think so! To me, that would be the manufacturer of the frozen dinner! Dis the brand, not the company my friend.

LOL, If I found a rat in my TV dinner I would think my wife was trying to tell me something. :)

I have a p cut and have had great use of it no complaints about the machine my only glitches have came from user error . I am not saying you did not have a complaint but it should have handled in a timely manner you did know the machine had a warranty when new didn't you you could have shipped it back for repair/replacement if not from user damage or neglect.

Dan

LOL, If I found a rat in my TV dinner I would think my wife was trying to tell me something. :)

My bad I always assumed that was the dessert lol

The Chinese manufacturers have been using hot glue at some soldering points for awhile now.

The Chinese manufacturers have been using hot glue at some soldering points for awhile now.

From the post and the damage to the cutting strip I would guess the blade was out so far as to bind the cutting head and probably break the wheel but who waits two years to try to rectify a problem with a new cutter ?

• Like 1

My problem is not with you, Jeremy, but if that's what you want it can be. You are correct Mabscotthandyman I could have handled it better, but I was so put off with the customer service that I had written off the Pcut. Only recently had I decided to give it another go. When I found the problem inside, I decided I would share my story with other people. In this case, people that are making purchases from USCutter. I don't care what people think of what I am saying. I am just getting my story out there because of my poor experience with USCutter. I hope other people do not have the same customer support that I had.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and judging by the responses, not everyone is happy with mine.

You do know these are made in China at the Creation factory, and shipped here, right? So, were you expecting for USCUTTER to open that box ,from China and test every part on it before they shipped it to you? Just wondering. How would THEY know if the wheel was broken? They don't make the machines. 1 post, of only a complaint, after 2 years of owning this machine says a lot... :rolleyes: It has been said many times on here, that you can use a strip of reflective tape over your cutting strip and it will work fine for your cutter.

I have yet to see Walmart or Best Buy, test my computers before they sell them to me. You get them right out of the box from the manufacturer. Same here.

So what your saying He11 is that if you bought say a frozen dinner from the store and it had a dead rat in it, that would the stores fault?? I wouldn't think so! To me, that would be the manufacturer of the frozen dinner! Dis the brand, not the company my friend.

I build computers for part of my living so when my friend needed one real quick for some work at 2am he brought me with him to Walmart to help pick one out. When we got it back one of the case fans didnt work and it would crash before it finished booting. So you know what we did? We took it back to Walmart with the recipt and they exchanged it for another one. It didnt seem to matter that Walmart wasnt involved in the manufacture of the computer.

And He11, before you waste any more breath on Selltopia and their stooges that dwell in this forum . . . Remember one thing. . .

http://www.bbb.org/w...ond-wa-22024083

F!

:lol:

Im actually an airbrush artist to He11 and i got into it for the same reason but i do a HECK of a lot more than just that now. A graphtec may be what your looking for. Even one of the little desktop sized unites could work if you dont need anything to big. Oracal 631 works as an amazing stencil material btw.

Well, for people that read this in the future, this scenario is probably 1 out of a thousand or more.

Not likely

NUCK , NUCK ...... NUCK :lol:

• Like 1

I could not spell it out in my head , I knew I did not have it right , but figured that was the easiest way to find out the right spelling .. another lesson learned from you :) .... I am SURE Nuke would still not be satisfied about the grammer !!! :lol:B)