Dgaree

Flexi, Signblazer or Inkscape...Is there one that does it all?

I have been cutting in signblazer, but designing in inkscape, because the image quality is nicer when I save as a png and upload it to my website. I like that the software is free, but am tired of going back and forth between everything. Is there a software that does it all in one place?

• Like 3

yep, ive tried sign blazer and inkscape, i bought a used copy of flexi 8 and im honestly thinking of purchasing flexisign 10, were gonna get a loan, and might add in a few more bucks. even tho im new, i think it would be a great investment.

once ya learn how to use flexisign, you wont go back, its like when ya get highspeed internet, you will never go back to dial up lol.

• Like 1

Looking at the " Sure Cuts A Lot " software ( $60 ) , it seems to be the answer to many's requests . Each entry level software has pros & cons . SCAL has many great features I have seen watching the tutorials ( which are a big plus ) . Just like tools , some jobs are easier with different tools ... ex; Weeding options are best in SignCut . I am going to use SCAL & give it an honest try . I am very biased towards SignBlazer as that is what enabled me to do what I wanted very easily . No tech support or updates in 5 years has it very dated . When/if the evolved software is released , I am sure it will be another great tool to use . I can't justify paying what the highher end Flexi's cost . I don't like Corel for what I design ( never gave it or me enough time to get used to knowing what tools to use to do what I wanted ) . I started with & learned a bit in InkScape , then tried SIgnBlazer , it fit like an old shoe . Seems with a little experiemnting , SCAL will fit just as good . I have not spent enough time to figure out if outlining is as good as in SB or if weeding lines options are as good as SignCut . I'm going to take the easy way & wait for Jay to figure that all out & help me & the rest of the less software experienced members :) .

Edit : watched some video tutorials on USCutters website & the outline feature of SCAL 2 is good . Not sure if the outline is as adjustable as in SB , but the " blackout " feature is a nice option . I imagine SCAL 3 is the same or better :huh:

Rodger,

SCAL is well thought of - I haven't tried it - but do use another cutting program with it's roots in the crafting world - called Make-The-Cut!

The thing I am most impressed with it the vectorizing features (called "Pixel Tracing") Check it out too - similar in cost $58 and change for a license and includes free updates.

Hey Mars ,

Software like that , for the cost is easy to justify buying to have around for specific strengths if it does something much better than the rest IMO . I will have to see how SCAL compares in the vectoring dept . I don't vector much at all though . Since SCAL is being sold by USCutter , the support on here will be immense & help new members . I assume it will be the software that is packaged with new cutters sold . It seems to be as easy as SB was when it was released to us in this forum in 2008 ( :huh: ) . Each software has it's own way of doing the same basic things ... remembering/learning what the software names those tools is what gives me the most headaches :) . I think the weed line tools in SignCut are the very best . I think any other software would do good to have options like that available . My biggest complaint with SB was it's crappy weeding tools . I think it is a no brainer for members ( especially new members ) who can't justify Flexi Pro ect. to use SCAL .

Rodger,

I didn't realize USCutter was selling SCAL (my lack of observation - not USC's lack of promotion I'm sure LOL)- that does make it atttractive to new users.

Is there a Copam driver? - I'll be looking - but thought you might know already. Do they have a demo download?

Thanks,

Mike

OK - I looked and saw that it lists the Copam so am downloading a copy to evaluate. Anybody using it with the Copam yet? Does it require USB- or will it cut through the parallel interface?

So far, I am impresed with the vectorizing ability of Sure Cuts a Lot. I havent used it a whole lot but what I have used it on has come out pretty clean.