Blazinbones

How do I create an entire sheet of the same decal?

Using CDR X5, I would like to create an entire 8.5 x 11 sheet of decals "EDGE" like the attached pic. I have no problem creating the first decal but seems tedious to copy and paste each after that (which I have done), lol. Is there a shortcut to fill the page with the same design?

Another quick question, if I do the copy and paste method, is there a way to auto align all of them at once to have equal distances from each other and look like a uniform sheet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-26924-0-37823400-1347028389.jpg

What program are you using?

Just create 1 and use the copy option in your cut program to make as many as your page will hold. Its different then copy and paste.

You can just make copies in your cutting software with 1 image. You don't state what cutting software you are using. You just adjust the distance you want between them, according to the width of your vinyl.

• Like 1

Sorry guys, I will be using Signcut as thats whats going to be coming with the SC cutter I just ordered. So just to get something right here since I'm as new as they come. I will use CDR to draw the image and will need a "Cutting Software" as well to make the cuts? I can't send to cutter directly from CDR?

So my cutting software will give me the option to cut a full sheet and/or multiples? If so, thats great. I was going nutts on CDR trying to align everything, lol.

FWIW, these are going to be cut out of reflective material to be placed on top of RC Helicopter blades to help with orientation at our local field. Thanks

Yes, you will need a cutting software. That has the drivers to run your vinyl cutter. Also, to adjust your blade offset on your vinyl cutter..

Here is where you will start.

http://start.uscutter.com/

and here is a newbie manual.. download in first post

In Corel

Edit - Step and Repeat.

mark-s

Thanks mark, this is exactly what I was looking for but I'm glad I learned a few other things along the way.

I just learned about the step and repeat function in Flexi a few weeks ago... Really comes in handy on some designs.

I've been meaning to post, the way I have been doing it (not relating to cutting) but making aligned multiple copies verticle & horizontal and have equal spacing was using the "Transformation" tool...  (Windows -> Dockers -> Transofrmation -> Any will work, Position, Rotate, Scale/Mirror).

That gives me the Position (Alt F7) and click on the 5-6 copies with x space and or y space and copy it 3-4 times across and 3-4 down..

I must say that the Edit->Step/Repeat is a much better option now that I look at it, for 2-3 copies I have the Deck on my right the Transform...

Or, I just send it to sign blazer to cut, then just use the array function.  Tell it how many tall and how many wide..... done