SeeJaysPlace

light table

Shooot who needs a light table when you have sunlight and a glass door lol

why i needed to do this was cause my reg marks got all messed up :(

2012-07-06_11-28-04_733.jpg

• Like 1

Light tables are awesome when you get one. I found a nice one at a yard sale for 5 bucks.

Cool graphic.

Can you please show me some examples of light tables?

yes i need to build one .. i just have not found a good table to turn into one yet.. i already have the light and stuff for it

i run everything out of my small mobile home trailer so i do not have alot of room

I have a negative viewer I found on Craigslist for $10. Works great. I have used my windows too like SeeJay shows.

I have a negative viewer I found on Craigslist for $10. Works great. I have used my windows too like SeeJay shows.

i have used my window many many different times lol this is just the first photo i took to just make a form lol

but it does work

I just use a 2ft. x 2ft. flouresent light that I bought from Lowes and turn face up on the table as a light table. I had a piece of white opaque plastic that I put on it to make it a little more rigid. Not too expensive and works really well.

Bob

I just use a 2ft. x 2ft. flouresent light that I bought from Lowes and turn face up on the table as a light table. I had a piece of white opaque plastic that I put on it to make it a little more rigid. Not too expensive and works really well.

Bob

can i see a photo of this? and the glass

this is what i was thinking of doing!

I will have to take a picture of it when I get a chance and post it.

Has anyone ever tried using cold cathode light tubes (like the ones you see in gaming computers)? I found some on ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOGISYS-WHITE-12-DUAL-COLD-CATHODE-LIGHT-KIT-PC-Computer-CCFL-Inverter-Switch-/380401847045?pt=US_Computer_Case_Accessories_Tool_Kits&hash=item5891b78b05#ht_2493wt_1163) that look promising, I would think two sets of those spaced under a piece of frosted glass should make a decent light table surface.

I dont see why they wouldnt work. But if your cheap like me, youd take a look at thrift shops. They always have old scanners, that nobody wants. Pick up 2 for a few bucks and youll get more light then youd need.

i got a piece second hand glass cleaned it up added transfer tape to the back and bought 5 meter led strip 10 bux off ebay and put a switch on it so its a glass cutting table and when i need i can have light behind

post-19955-0-04682100-1341753973.jpg

• Like 1

If you have some electronics knowledge, find a flat panel TV with a broken screen.  You can remove the screen, add some glass in it's place and you've got a semi quick box.  You could also just pull out what you need and scrap the rest and use the guts to build the table.  

• Like 1