Sign in to follow this  
troyr

need help with making image thicker

can anyone help me with making this image thicker? its the outline of the state of florida.im using sign blazer.

post-19620-0-72817000-1340679530.png

Do you have it in vector format?

If so:

Arrange + Split Objects. (The center will trun gray)

Select and delete the center.

Select the state

Manipulate + Expand/Outline/Inline

Select Inline and Keep Original

Set your thickness

Click OK

If it's not what you want Ctrl + Z to undo and change the thickness value.

It is easy to make a line/design larger on Sign Blazer by choosing the "Expand" button.

When you click on the "Expand" button, a miniscreen will pop up, click the circle at the top that says "Outline". This will outline your entire design. Uncheck all of the boxes (Keep Original, Remove Overlaps, and Percentage). Then, down in the box for "Thickness", and type in the number 0.01. This thickness number will increase the line/edge surrounding your graphic. Start at 0.01 and gradually move up the scale by inputting the numbers manually. If you use the up/down arrows, the thickness increases too much, and your design may look distorted. I rarely go above a 0.05 on the thickness scale. Lastly, click on the "OK" box on the right. This change your design on the Sign Blazer screen.

If you don't like how your image turned out, just undo your changes with the "Edit" button.

Other features:

*You can reduce an image by using the "Inline" feature.

*I like to keep the "Keep Original" box checked when working on my designs. When this box is checked, the new design is layerd underneath the original design. The new design always pops up in Black. I try to have color on my original design, and when the black shows up underneath, I can see just how much the design has increased. I will adjust the "Thickness" based on how it looks.

Good Luck with your project. Hope my little tutorial makes sense.