Dr12volt1338

Just a tour of the shop on a slow Monday

Thought I would take a few shots of the shop here kill some time on a windy rainy Monday

Front Door

.post-5042-0-53152000-1334598436.jpg

Front Window

post-5042-0-87744800-1334598471.jpg

Work Room #1

post-5042-0-25889300-1334598512.jpg

• Like 1

The second room is a disaster I am trying to set that up just as the room for doing shirts and hats... Building another bench and all that good stuff.

The Work Bench in work room #1

post-5042-0-07349000-1334598829.jpg

Thats where I started in the living room of my apartment and then moved into a trailer with an extra bedroom.... Little by little just keep moving up..... At least your way keeps the overhead down LOL....

Thats where I started in the living room of my apartment and then moved into a trailer with an extra bedroom.... Little by little just keep moving up..... At least your way keeps the overhead down LOL....

but the wife.. Is the one i have to hear .. about all my vinyl crap .. LoL

My goal is to keep buying equipment and have it all paid for before i move into somewhere

i want to have my printer/plotter and all my equipment paid for and no loans before i go somewhere

I do have 38 shirts to do by friday and my vinyl will not be here till tommorow !!! :( and i only have thursday to work on them LoL

I do have 38 shirts to do by friday and my vinyl will not be here till tommorow !!! :( and i only have thursday to work on them LoL

Thats cutting it close.... I paid cash for everything I bought (that I had to buy) When I found my big printer I broke the bank to get it but did pay cash.... I have never been one to take out a loan for any of my stuff.

This front room looks as large as my entire studio --

I'm curious about one thing, with all that wall space, why no wall-art example?

Actually, in general, the "showroom" doesn't appear to showcase anything.

Maybe a mannequin, wearing a T?

What's going on with that 'literature rack"?

This front room looks as large as my entire studio --

I'm curious about one thing, with all that wall space, why no wall-art example?

Actually, in general, the "showroom" doesn't appear to showcase anything.

Maybe a mannequin, wearing a T?

What's going on with that 'literature rack"?

I just received my roll of cheap cheap black vinyl for the Wall Art display I have put together. Money has been tight and we over spent on a few upgrades for the shop itself so money has been tight for "interior advertising" The literature rack I have plans on ordering some sheets of coroplast (or something cheaper if anyone has any suggestions) and cutting it down to fit in the holders and making a very large catalog out of it. I have circular racks in the far back room that once I order enough shirts I will bring 1 or 2 of those out... They are the same style found in most all department stores with shirts and jackets hanging from them. I stare at the walls most everyday trying to think of how I want to decorate and advertise unfortunately I have a ton of ideas just lacking the funds to make them a reality.... I am hopefully going to get to the wall art display this week and will add a picture when it is done.

Do you get a good amount of traffic in front of the store? How do you find the walk ins to be?

I have done good with clipart of horses , coyotes , flames etc with personal names inside . Something displayed with " Your name here " in 1 & a name in the same decal next might help sell .

• Like 1

but the wife.. Is the one i have to hear .. about all my vinyl crap .. LoL

My goal is to keep buying equipment and have it all paid for before i move into somewhere

i want to have my printer/plotter and all my equipment paid for and no loans before i go somewhere

I'm looking into building a 24x24 shop for about 3000 but have a thought about a storage shed i can buy one 10x20 for 4000 on small payments but i did get a 16x16 foladable trailer roof leaks but that is fixable. or even a coast to coast carport.

I found my shop today but just cant afford it they want 1400 to lease it and 200grand to buy it :( but it is everything i wanted in a shop 100 x 30 with a side room 24x40 13 foot ceiling and living quarters upstairs just about 60 feet off main street high traffic area. now i just need to win the lottery :)

I will get there

Do you get a good amount of traffic in front of the store? How do you find the walk ins to be?

I sit back off a very very busy road a little ways behind a bank and a quarter car wash (which is closed) I don't get hardly any walk in traffic. I am on the end cap of a larger building and next to me is a Hair salon/Tanning studio and next to that is a Grocery store.... Out in front of that is a local VERY well known burger place.....(this is where it get good) Every Tuesday in the summer Mr. Quicks (the burger joint) has a car show. (Cruise Night) on slow day there is probably 50 cars that show up with 200 people just looking..... On an average day there is 125-150 cars that show up with well over 300 people walking around.... This is where I hope to soar!!! I want to bring in someone who can airbrush and have them there on those nights doing shirts and license plates and what not.... But as far as walk in traffic now it's almost non existant but I am also waiting for the permit to put the sign by the road.....

I found my shop today but just cant afford it they want 1400 to lease it and 200grand to buy it :( but it is everything i wanted in a shop 100 x 30 with a side room 24x40 13 foot ceiling and living quarters upstairs just about 60 feet off main street high traffic area. now i just need to win the lottery :)

I will get there

I get an amazing deal on renting this spot.... It has sat empty for a couple years and the owner was just happy to have someone freshen the place up again. I am searching still for a place with a garage... If I had garage access here this place would be perfect....

2400 sq ft is pretty damn good size

There is alot of wasted space... the utility room takes up a lot of space.... My biggest thing is I just have to build more work benches because I have the new heat press equipment that needs a resting spot and I also have about 15 computers and monitors to clean up and work on.... I have a lot of things I need but I am getting there slowly but surely......

Airbrush with the right displays and good work will draw you alot of traffic, that's for sure. I live on a busy street and can set up in my driveway in the spring/summer and do 300-500.00 in an afternoon without even trying.

I'd try to have some car club decal samples, graphics etc on display as well... Whenever you can, get a door/tailgate/hood etc and put graphics on it to show what can be done.

Just a suggestion... I've learned a few things over the years. Oh, pinstriping goes over well at these things too, even in vinyl, you'd probably sell some but a real pinstriper on the spot will really draw traffic too.

Good Luck! Alan

Airbrush with the right displays and good work will draw you alot of traffic, that's for sure. I live on a busy street and can set up in my driveway in the spring/summer and do 300-500.00 in an afternoon without even trying.

I'd try to have some car club decal samples, graphics etc on display as well... Whenever you can, get a door/tailgate/hood etc and put graphics on it to show what can be done.

Just a suggestion... I've learned a few things over the years. Oh, pinstriping goes over well at these things too, even in vinyl, you'd probably sell some but a real pinstriper on the spot will really draw traffic too.

Good Luck! Alan

Most all the cars that show up are classics... It has a whole old 50's diner feel to it.... Thats why I think someone who does airbrush work who can airbrush a picture of the couple who own the car sitting in front of it on a shirt would go over really well..... Last year I went to a few of them and just walked around (before I was located in the same parking lot) and found most of them just wanted small "accent" style decals.... I found there were a few very small decals that I could take handfuls with me and sell out every time.... I am really looking forward to it.... I have a million ideas on what I want to do just hope that I can get them all organized and in running form. There is also a large bar across the street and I am working with the owner there are doing a bike night once a week. We did just a couple last year and everyone who participated made good money.

Find an airbrush tattoo artist if there's kids there, that goes over well at these types of events too.

Just one idea at a time... and if it doesn't payoff/work go to the next one! LOL Been working for me for 20+ years now! LOL

God Luck Dr!