Sign in to follow this  
bigmax

JOB COMPLETED

Here's a job completed today. This was done for my PREVIOUS employer. It felt pretty good to collect for one job for what I had put in 50-60 hrs. a week when working for him in the R V business. Didn't bat an eye and wants estimates on additional work! I LOVE IT!!!!post-5946-0-79176700-1332466354.jpg

• Like 2

looks great....can I ask size and what you charged? I did a back window graphic for someone, words had 2 colors and design had 5 colors. Pretty sure I under charged........$110.00 I was told to charge $185.00 but thought the guy wouldn't want it. I hate charging a lot when you can go on e bay and see things for 5-20 dollars lol

Out of curiosity, did you remove the sign faces from the pylon, or just go climb up there and do the application work right on the sign?

BTW, I notice that the oval isn't rounded on the bottom, for some reason.

Nice work bigmax. s&d, i think it is rounded at the bottom but may be that the sign face pops out (beveled?) and that the bottom part of the oval is folded on the underside

it is ovaled....must be the angle. The "facewas removed last year and I showed the guy that took it down how to remove the vinyl with a heat gun and once done he replaced the "blank" panels. The sign is 7'x10', 2 sides. They put up a scaffold for me to work from and this sign (2 sides) and a 4'x12' banner(one color) installed on the front metal facia of the building was $554.50. I thought I was a little high but once done, I was told I was lower than 2 other quotes(only about $50-60 dollars) "Oh I do enjoy this

I'd be at $1128 give or take for this RTA for both sides

I say you underbid a lot.

Before you say you had $50 in mats please understand the value of this sign vs them not having a sign

• Like 1

Dumb question, The vinyl you put on was it all red with the letters cut out showing the white background on the oval?

the white lettering is vinyl applied "over" the red. The install was done from scaffold that they had set up and also THEY moved to the 2nd side.

I'd be at $1128 give or take for this RTA for both sides

I say you underbid a lot.

Before you say you had $50 in mats please understand the value of this sign vs them not having a sign

The OP said he was low bid by only 50 bucks..In his area you would have been 500 bucks high..I understand the value but he is right in there for his area...Other areas will be higher and others will be lower..Everyone thats making a living from this type of business will have to make it work in their areas based on where the money is at for there area......My area would never get the dollar as high as what you quoted..I would be somewhere close to Bigmaxs price in my area as well..

Great job Bigmax..Keep up the good work and sound like your in the money your area will bear...