Dr12volt1338

White Vinyl Nightmares

I have searched and read on here that a few people had made bad comments about various white vinyl and weeding issues. How true is this? I use mainly Rich-Cal vinyl I get from a local supplier here and LOVE the colors but the white just isn't cooperating on some small logos I am working on now. I got a free roll of 3m and that is almost worst but then I did a run in my Rich-Cal in pink and it was perfect not an issue one. Is there a white I should look at ordering? I have a TON of white decals coming up and don't want to spend extra hours just weeding them. I am ordering some Iron on vinyl today for the same job and am pretty open to ideas.

EDIT: The problem I am having is the vinyl is cut clean through but does not want to release between cuts. I upped to pressure and going up just a little cut into the paper a little and didn't seem to help much.

I have no problems with Oracal white or Avery white.. Cuts very well/clean and even small detailed cuts, but I am using a Graphtec, which will cut very detailed designs easily.

From the color chart names of Rich-cal, it looks as if it is a house brand for Richard's Distributing, and is made my General Formulations. I have also used General Formulations vinyl for years, and have never had a problem with that either.

General Formulations vinyl comes in many names, as it is used as a house brand for many suppliers, Fellers calls it Shinerite

H&H Supply calls it GT5

General Formulations company is based in Sparta, Michigan

Even when I was using my original cutter, a Seiki, I had no problems with cutting the General Formulations white vinyl. That is what I learned on.

That's been reason I buy it from them is they are local (only 20 miles) from me and I try to support them as much as I can as Denny and his wife at Richards have been great but this white I get from them just doesn't cooperate I know part of it is my cutter so I will have to play with setting and see what helps. It only happens on close cuts. When I do "uncongested" cuts it's just fine.

I see you have Flexisign pro.8.6...... Are you using the overcut feature in it? ...If not try it. A nice sharp blade is a great factor also.

Actually, too much pressure/too much blade, and cutting into the wax paper backing will make the vinyl stick into the wax paper backing cuts.

• Like 1

The issue I have is I am cutting this head at 3.75"x3.5" and the nose nostrils where the center is to be weeded all wants to stick together. I thought it was my cutter but when cut from pink they are perfect so I know I just have to play with pressure.

I bumped the press up from 180 to 200 and its much much better thinking 210 will be perfect for the white just have to remember to adjust it with different colors.

MooseHead.eps

Edited by Dr12volt1338

Actually, for General Formulatioins white and black vinyl always seemed a bit thinner to me, I always lowered the force on those 2 colors a notch.

here ya go, I just cut 3 decals at your sizes,and no problems, and this is General Formulations white vinyl. Also, on decals that small I would use a very slow speed. I never cut fast anyway, but small decals I go even slower. post-3058-0-23551800-1331663403.jpgpost-3058-0-85548300-1331663414.jpg

I always cut everything as slow as it will go.. With the pressure up it seems to be much much better on the white.

I always cut everything as slow as it will go.. With the pressure up it seems to be much much better on the white.

Great, LOL, I sure wouldn't want to weed too many of those moose heads.....

I cut this with 4 year old Oracal with a well used blade at 60 cm/s ( fastest the Copam cuts , 10 - 60 ) & 170g . I think most everybody as I used to , has too much blade exposed . Decal is 2" tall with a couple specks of dirt ( was in the scrap pile :) ) . It weeded fine , my eyes was the biggest problem .

post-969-0-49850800-1331668732.jpg

Great, LOL, I sure wouldn't want to weed too many of those moose heads.....

I have 150 of them to do as of now and they all have wording around them. We are having a "party" this weekend to sell more. It's for my girlfriend and her friends they put a huge group of girls together and do a "moose hunt" where they go up north rent a huge huge house or condo for the weekend and harass the poor town. Each girl has ordered at least 1 decal most are ordering 3.