greenjeens

Cutting by color or (layering) in LXI apprentice

I have an R31 cutter, and am using inkscape,and LXI apprentice. I have seen several how to's videos and such on how to lay the vinyl on top of the registration marks to actually layer the graphics. I have see videos on how to make multi color vinyl designs, but nothing in between those. I am totally lost on how to put a registration mark on and cut out three different layers on a vinyl design. How do I cut them up seperately and have them go back together perfectly on the assembly table. I have heard of people using custom built light boxes and stuff, but I would like to know how so I can do it.

just put the registration marks yourself with whatever drawing program you are using. Make a cross, square, star or whatever you want and cut them with each layer. Some programs add them for you. I do it in corel. Just include them in each color you cut without moving them and leave them when you weed.

Mark

I guess I am still confused. I have corel draw x5 comming i a couple days from amazon and I am using inkscape right now. I am having trouble understanding how to place the alignment mark and how to cut it seperately and have everything in the same place when time to assemble the graphic. Is there a video link you know of that goes in that? I have learned pretty much everything from Youtube,and forum videos, in regards to inkscape.

wouldn't I have to copy and paste the reg marks? theres a huge chance of not getting them in the proper place to align with the next color. Or theres a big chance of the text or whatever I am cutting to move at the click of a mouse and be out of alignment that way. Hope I am making sense. Maybe its just my inexperience with the software.

Do a search , not being smart.. just it has been answered MANY times :)

wouldn't I have to copy and paste the reg marks? theres a huge chance of not getting them in the proper place to align with the next color. Or theres a big chance of the text or whatever I am cutting to move at the click of a mouse and be out of alignment that way. Hope I am making sense. Maybe its just my inexperience with the software.

look at the spiderman decals in the gallery, those are layered. and a great job I might add.

the registration marks are added on the original design only., and they are there in the same place on every color of vinyl you cut.

Do a search , not being smart.. just it has been answered MANY times :)

well I got the cutter on wednesday, been searching for an answer since then. Can you post some links up or something where this has been answered?

look at the spiderman decals in the gallery, those are layered. and a great job I might add.

the registration marks are added on the original design only., and they are there in the same place on every color of vinyl you cut.

I was looking at those, and they do look fantastic. I am practicing right now in Inkscape trying to see if I can master this vinyl layer thing.

I did a quick search & found many threads about that . Might take reading several to get the exact idea . I entered " registration marks in InkScape " on the main page. If you search in any section , it only searches that section.

I finally figured out how to do it. Thanks for the help.

There are great tutorials on youtube... I hate to sound like a broken record or a spokesman for them but I learn something new almost every week from searching for tutorials there. Some of them even show me easier ways of doing things I do all the time... registration marks being one of them..