I have been waiting patiently for USCUTTER to get a shipment of carriage heads in, as mine cracked over a month ago (FEB 2ND to be exact!).... I was able to temp-fix it with some plastic epoxy that has held up quite nice.... now at random the plotter has inconsistant pressure like the head is flexing again... The cuts before, AND after it were fine, of the same image.... these ones were completely not weedable. It is totally aggravating. This is what caused me to notice the crack in the first place.

I am saving my pennies to buy a Graphtec (undecided on model yet, either the CE5000 48" or the FC8000? Input would be great here too!) but I am about 2,000$ short of one yet! :*(

t

post-13895-0-04533200-1303662403_thumb.p

I have been waiting patiently for USCUTTER to get a shipment of carriage heads in, as mine cracked over a month ago (FEB 2ND to be exact!).... I was able to temp-fix it with some plastic epoxy that has held up quite nice.... now at random the plotter has inconsistant pressure like the head is flexing again... The cuts before, AND after it were fine, of the same image.... these ones were completely not weedable. It is totally aggravating. This is what caused me to notice the crack in the first place.

I am saving my pennies to buy a Graphtec (undecided on model yet, either the CE5000 48" or the FC8000? Input would be great here too!) but I am about 2,000$ short of one yet! :*(

t

personally my next one will be a fc series

personally my next one will be a fc series

I sure like mine, FC7000MK2-75 30" :D bought new 3 years ago, and never a problem.....

I appreciate the input, however not able to afford a new one yet.... any idea on what the folks from USCUTTER can and will do for me? I am basically stuck now with a 400$ doorstop....

I appreciate the input, however not able to afford a new one yet.... any idea on what the folks from USCUTTER can and will do for me? I am basically stuck now with a 400$ doorstop....

Call them. I have found that sometimes, they do forget things. I waited 3 weeks for an answer to a question and finally just gave up.

having a back-up cutter is a great idea .. especially for what these cutters cost . I bought 2 Copams so I would have a back-up ( was still 1/2 price from what I was ready to spend at another company ) . I figured 1 day .. 1 would become an organ donor when it became impractical to repair ( cost to repair vs a new cutter ) . No matter the quality of anything , the simplest part can stop you . I always thought " Murphy's Law " was hilarious.... I never realized the most humorous part until attending a motorcycle race sponsored by the local optimist club .... after reading what an optimist is .. I remembered " Murphy's law ' started by saying " Murphy was an optimist "... HILARIOUS :)