Sign in to follow this  
Neuromax

Postage question

What are some of you doing for postage. I am getting tired of multiple trips to the post office per week and there is always a line. How do some of these online postage things work, likes stamps.com or the paypal shipping labels.

Thanks

What are some of you doing for postage. I am getting tired of multiple trips to the post office per week and there is always a line. How do some of these online postage things work, likes stamps.com or the paypal shipping labels.

Thanks

weigh and pay. piece of cake. :D I use Paypal shipping. Then just drop off at the post office.

• Like 1

weigh and pay. piece of cake. :D I use Paypal shipping. Then just drop off at the post office.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If at least ONE piece is Priority mail, you don't even have to do that. You can request a FREE carrier pickup. I haven't been to the post office except for Express mail (twice ) in over a year.

• Like 1

Thanks

simple. Get yourself a scale....you can get a good one for around $30 almost anywhere...cheaper on ebay. Click 'print shipping label' in Paypal....print with a regular inkjet printer. Doesn't get much easier. And the plus is, you get cheaper rates than at the post office. Delivery Confirmation is FREE with priority mail, and just .19 cents with all other shipping.

• Like 1

What labels are you guys using. The ones I have seen have been pretty pricy but I know there are other options out there. I appreciate everyone taking the time to answer! I will order a scale from ebay today!

I don't use pre stick labels at all. I use regular copy paper, about $3 at Walmart for 500 sheets. Purchase a 5 pack of Glue sticks, about $2.50-$3, and the 67c cello tape. About 3 swipes of the glue stick on the back of the label, 3 pieces of tape over the front. Just takes a few seconds, and alot cheaper for me. And have never had any labels come off in 5 years.

Works for me and last quite a while.

• Like 1

I don't use pre stick labels at all. I use regular copy paper, about $3 at Walmart for 500 sheets. Purchase a 5 pack of Glue sticks, about $2.50-$3, and the 67c cello tape. About 3 swipes of the glue stick on the back of the label, 3 pieces of tape over the front. Just takes a few seconds, and alot cheaper for me. And have never had any labels come off in 5 years.

Works for me and last quite a while.

+1 Banner John

+1 Skeeter

Can buy the sticker labels via eBay, cheaper than PO or stores.

I also purchase my ink here and refill my own cartriges. I purchase a 3 pack black for about $21.99 Free ship and get approx 2.5-3 refills per bottle. So that about $7.33 per bottle. Compared to $24.99 a cartridge. You need to make sure you have the refillable type cartriges. Not all are. Mine is a Lexmark printer that takes #23 and #24, BUT they are not refillable from the store, and when ink is used up they set them selves to self destruct, (at least that is the term I used.) I don't care how full you fill it, it will always say empty cartridge. You have to purchase a cartridge from Lemark that say 23A and 24A,at full price. and usually I can refill it for about a year, At about a year they kinda start causeing problems of being plugged up. But in that year, I have saved a bunch of money on ink. I just keep a a set of backup cartridges here in case there should be a problem. I print several Paypal labels a day, You may have a place close to you that does refills, that you can use. I don't. This works great for me and the shipping is very fast. Just my 2c.

http://stores.ebay.com/USAinkjet?_rdc=1

• Like 1

+1 Banner John

+1 Skeeter

Can buy the sticker labels via eBay, cheaper than PO or stores.

every year or so I call UPS and they send me a case(1000) of pre-stick labels....2 labels per sheet. FOR FREE. IF I want to use regular paper, they will also send me a case of the pre-stick clear pouches..FOR FREE

I also purchase my ink here and refill my own cartriges. I purchase a 3 pack black for about $21.99 Free ship and get approx 2.5-3 refills per bottle. So that about $7.33 per bottle. Compared to $24.99 a cartridge. You need to make sure you have the refillable type cartriges. Not all are. Mine is a Lexmark printer that takes #23 and #24, BUT they are not refillable from the store, and when ink is used up they set them selves to self destruct, (at least that is the term I used.) I don't care how full you fill it, it will always say empty cartridge. You have to purchase a cartridge from Lemark that say 23A and 24A,at full price. and usually I can refill it for about a year, At about a year they kinda start causeing problems of being plugged up. But in that year, I have saved a bunch of money on ink. I just keep a a set of backup cartridges here in case there should be a problem. I print several Paypal labels a day, You may have a place close to you that does refills, that you can use. I don't. This works great for me and the shipping is very fast. Just my 2c.

http://stores.ebay.com/USAinkjet?_rdc=1

I quit using Inkjet for labels awhile back. I just bought 2 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HP-LASERJET-1012-PRINTER-W-POWER-CORD-8-MB-DEAL-/110671772521?pt=COMP_Printers&hash=item19c48d3b69

I can get the re-manufactured toner of $20 or so,shipped. From that toner, I can get around 2000 pages. No fuss, no mess.

I love that particular laser printer. It is small enough to fit anywhere.

I'm not too worried about ink, I am using a Workforce 1100 with the CIS from Cobra so ink is cheap and goes far. How do you print the postage for no paypal items? Can you still do it that way? I went to paypals site and just can't find any info on that part of it.

I'm not too worried about ink, I am using a Workforce 1100 with the CIS from Cobra so ink is cheap and goes far. How do you print the postage for no paypal items? Can you still do it that way? I went to paypals site and just can't find any info on that part of it.

go to:

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do

register

Ink jet printers should not be used as office printers....I bought a 50.00 Dell laser printer several years and 15 cartridges ago....Last cartridge were about 22.00 each on Ebay...I figure it costs me way less than a penny a page to print....

You can do it in Paypal, without an EBAY order or any order. To the right on Account page. is Multi order shipping. Click it. Takes you to another page that says launch multi order shipping, Create a label. You don't have to fill anything for the order part, Then just fill in the Name, address, package size, weight etc. postage as normal. Click print postage, payment come from your Paypal account

• Like 1

I am registering John, thanks

And thanks Skeeter, that is what I wanted to know!

I am registering John, thanks

And thanks Skeeter, that is what I wanted to know!

something I found out the hard way....Express shipping (next day) is guaranteed or your money back. If you pay through Paypal and NOT through the Post Office directly, try getting a refund.

• Like 1

every year or so I call UPS and they send me a case(1000) of pre-stick labels....2 labels per sheet. FOR FREE. IF I want to use regular paper, they will also send me a case of the pre-stick clear pouches..FOR FREE

How do you manage to get them for free?

How do you manage to get them for free?

I have an account with UPS and ship a lot of the larger stuff...anything over 4 pounds is cheaper (normally) with UPS than the Post Office. All you do is call...have your account # ready..and they will ship them to you.

Go to www.ups.com register and verify your account by the instructions...Use the tabs accross the top and hit order supplies..They will ship so many per order ..Just reorder and so on..Wait a few days and reorder again...

Works great..Takes a few days and you have it...

Hope it helps...I own a UPS Store so I order stuff all the time...NO Problem...Which reminds me I need to reorder some stuff..

LOL

stetson5331

Go to www.ups.com register and verify your account by the instructions...Use the tabs accross the top and hit order supplies..They will ship so many per order ..Just reorder and so on..Wait a few days and reorder again...

Works great..Takes a few days and you have it...

Hope it helps...I own a UPS Store so I order stuff all the time...NO Problem...Which reminds me I need to reorder some stuff..

LOL

stetson5331

they always send me a case of the labels (800 sheets, 1600 labels, I think) and a case of the clear pouches.