Sign in to follow this  
bmiller24

BUYING A VINYL CUTTER TODAY

OK GUYS IM ORDERING THE GRAPHTEC CE2500 BUNDLE TODAY I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME SPARE BLADES WHICH BLADES SHOULD I ORDER 45 DEGREE OR 60 DEGREE ALSO IN ORDERING 4 MORE ROLLS OF VINYL ONTOP OF THE  ORCAL 651 BUNDLE AND A FEW MISC. ITEMS .WILL THE SHIPPING BE ALOT SINCE IM IN KANSAS AND HOW LONG DOES IT USUALLY TAKE TO GET HERE? THANKS GUYS

The shipping is 9.99 for everything, Its a great deal!

Most of the time I order they have it to me in 2-5 days depending on if it comes out of TN or WA. As for the blades, I really like the 60* from clean cut. 60* is typically for more detailed cuts but I use it for everything.

I have never used the clean cut blades because I bought a bunch of blades very cheap from USCutter's e-bay auctions . I suggest buying a pack of both degree blades & decide for yourself . I have cut 1/8" letters with the blade that came with my Copam . How sharp & settings matter more IMO . Blades last a very long time if you don't cut thru the backing material or cut reflective vinyl  ;) ( ask me how I know ) .

You could order from sign universe. Same as USC, just a different location I think closer to you.

About the blades, I highly recommend the cleancut blades as well. I just bought a 5 pack from Ross; I got 2 60* and 3 45* and a couple of extra springs. Call up Ross and let him know what you need, and that you're a member of the USC forums.

congrats,  you will love your Graphtec.  :huh:

Love mine and I am sure you will yours..

stetson5331

+1. I love my Graphtec (CE5000-40).

+1 You'll love your Graphtec, just the quality between my MH-871 and my Graphtec is amazing.

The best part... no longer do I have to worry about static cutting the machine off, I can run yards and yards and not have to worry :huh:  Good luck with yours.

In the last 2 weeks I have cut approx 150 yards of white and golden yellow (Oracal 651) logos for 1 customer without a hitch...I have another 275 logos to cut and weed Monday and I would guess I won't have a problem with them either.I have cut it all with a 45 degree blade...Way to go is a Graphtec...

I am glad I started with a Graphtec and will not buy anything different at this point..I am thinking of getting a second one if this amount of work keeps up...

stetson5331

In the last 2 weeks I have cut approx 150 yards of white and golden yellow (Oracal 651) logos for 1 customer without a hitch...I have another 275 logos to cut and weed Monday and I would guess I won't have a problem with them either.I have cut it all with a 45 degree blade...Way to go is a Graphtec...

I am glad I started with a Graphtec and will not buy anything different at this point..I am thinking of getting a second one if this amount of work keeps up...

stetson5331

Are you cutting these printed or layered, or are they white logos, and then just golden yellow logos.. and not two color logos... sorry if I read it wrong, just wondering if you're layering that many.

Caleb

Sorry they are seperate 2 different colors of the same logo..Different sizes too..I do one the 5.5"x 36 in GY then others that are in white, then some 1.25x8 in GY, then doing sone that are 2.75x18 right now...

I have a printer so I won't be layering any graphix..Too much trouble when I can print it in any colors and then contour cut it..I think layering is out of the question for me...It's an art I know, and I don't fault any artist wanting to do them that way..It's just faster and easier for me to print and contour cut multi colors...

stetson5331

Ah gotcha! Was just wondering :huh:

You do any wholesale printing?  I've got a lot of clients wanting digitally printed decals now days, and I hate turning them away when I could be outsourcing the printed work.