Rossm812

Noticed this today after looking into some things regarding front to back play..

Take a look---

Has anyone else experienced this breaking before?  I have submitted a support ticket to remedy the issue- hopefully it can be fixed fast because I am sitting on a big job that I need to get done :)

post-13292-12986566558075_thumb.jpg

post-13292-12986566574118_thumb.jpg

I am actually wondering if super-glue or JB Weld/Epoxy would hold it for the time being... however I am concerned about having to send the whole thing in just to have this fixed etc.

Then to mention warranty or not, or wether or not it will cost me an arm and a leg if it is not warrantied.

:)  :'(

if its not critical to be exactly straight (the part) then I say Gorilla Glue!

It is by far the best instant glue.

The carriage is available - i would talk to them first about a replacement and if they don't need it back use the jb weld to get thru till then.  you could even strengthen it with the JB weld when you pull it back in place

Talked to a rep at USCutter today... It IS in fact under warranty, however the problem is, since this thing is chinese made and they have been out of stock for a bit they are waiting to get more in. They may already be there but the rep wasn't sure as the warehouse guys were not available.

Hopefully this can be sent soon!

I picked up some Loctite General Use epoxy last night for plastic and metal and am going to put it back together tonight and clamp it nice and tight. hopefully reinforce it as well with some pooled on both sides after the main part cures.

You moight want to glue in a peice of metal , pop sickle stick etc if you have enough room . ( I didn't look close at the picture )

jb weld fixes anything from battery compartments on cameras to the exhaust manifold on a old car that is cracked!

I agree . Then they make epoxy that is machinable after it hardens .

Rodger, that is pretty much what I have done on the little tabs on digital camera battery doors - add a glob, let it harden and shape with a dremel tool

I cleaned up the joint and used some loctite brand 5 minute epoxy.... clamped it till it cured then reinstalled the rollers. It is actually MORE solid than the other side is now. USCutter is currently out of stock and is warranty replacing my part when they are in. In the mean time I was told this will be an ok fix. It cuts fine, but seem to have a new issue with a particular design. It is posted in the signcut forum. I have also attached a picture of what it is doing if anyone has a clue here....

post-13986-12986566724402_thumb.jpg

post-13986-12986566727242_thumb.jpg

post-13986-12986566744327_thumb.jpg

post-13986-12986566746925_thumb.jpg

Two diffrent files..... size of 7x12 or so cuts fine but when increased to 15x24.5 it does that. Also tried saving as .eps and going to sign blazer..... cuts longer but still with same end result that signcut has. Plotter stand is grounded and running a humidifier in the room so static should not be an issue.

Turns out my onboard serial connection and mated usb header has a loose ground to the main board... went and picked up a gigaware usb serial cable from the rat-shack and forced it to com 2. Everything works like a charm....

For those of you looking for a good test, tech support had me go into the x/y mode menu on the cutter and press mode till it displayed TEST <001> then you press the online button and it will plot a test pattern stored on the main board. I used brown paper and a pen tool for this.

post-13986-12986566792372_thumb.jpg

post-13986-12986566808333_thumb.jpg