Sign in to follow this  
runit

flea market?

im looking into getting booth at the local flea market there are some problems though i work friday-sunday just about every week and thats when the flea market is open so i will have to get a friend or family member down there to run it but the problem im having is figuring out if i should have the cutter on sight and go through all the trouble of teaching a friend everything i know so to me it just seem like it would be a good ideal to spend day and night printing popular stickers :huh: and then just set it up that way im wondering if you guys have done anything like this and how did it work out???

I wouldn't do it, I would hate to see him not being able to bargin since it's not his items to sell, he can make your company look bad, mess up your machine, and tons of other options.. Maybe take those days off work?

sounds like you could be training & setting your competition up in business . having sombody selling already made stuff & taking orders would be my idea .. if that was profitable .

Why the flea market?.....I am guessing that if you work weekends you have some week days off.....If so, go knock on doors....The business to business work will provide a better flow of work and return than sales at a flea market.....

im looking into getting booth at the local flea market there are some problems though i work friday-sunday just about every week and thats when the flea market is open so i will have to get a friend or family member down there to run it but the problem im having is figuring out if i should have the cutter on sight and go through all the trouble of teaching a friend everything i know so to me it just seem like it would be a good ideal to spend day and night printing popular stickers :huh: and then just set it up that way im wondering if you guys have done anything like this and how did it work out???

why even ask for advice??     You haven't even made any changes to your EBAY ads for all the violations on EBAY you are doing now.......You had better start there, or that account will get suspended.  You also cannot run duplicate listings for  BUY IT NOW items!!!  give yourself some time to really learn this job.   YOU just got this going!!!  don't go out in the public and look unprofessional. It will definately show your inexperience. Do the job yourself. Don't be sending friends and family.  It is YOUR business.  and definately don't take those obscene  and copyrighted logos your selling on EBAY.   Children are at fleamarkets. and Cops are everywhere.  my2c

thanks for all the advice.. i see whatcha mean but the only thing about taking off is the weekend is our most bussiesed days so its pretty much a have to thing so what i think im going to do know is take roxanneupnorth's advice and have flyers and hand them from business to business! ill post pics of the flyers and tell ya'll how it goes thanks again for the advice

not to be rude im seriously not trying to but this is not my only ebay acount i have been a powerseller for 4 years now selling automotive performance parts now the new account im using just for vinyl and im not the only one putting copyrighted material out there this guy sell's tons of stickers he has like 5 accounts he does it off of no my listings arent half as pro. as his but just saying. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yagerdsigns253

Your mother never uttered the phrase "If your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" did she...

Just because that jackhole is selling copywritten stuff and he hasn't been caught and sued yet doesn't mean it's OK. Just read a few of the threads on this forum. You will quickly learn that it is not in the best interests of you or your company to sell copywritten material. I'm not trying to stir up the whole "stealing" controversy again, there's enough threads outlining people's views on that already, I'm just stating that saying "Look, that guy is doing it. Why shouldn't I?" is not a valid reason to do something stupid.

I hope you are also aware, that if 1 EBAY account gets suspended that is yours, "ALL" selling accounts get suspended that are connected to you, your address, and your IP address and or Paypal. Example: 2 brothers had accounts on Ebay, 1 brother got suspended for violations, His brother was also suspended, because they were using the same internet connection, in their house. and Paypal accounts. Go read some discussion boards on EBAY. Not trying to be rude, But Ebay does have safety measures more powerful than you.

so you guys never cut copyrighted meterial?

Listen, There is great money to be made in this industry without having to cut these "nonsense stickers" with brands on them. When i first started i thought that was what i had to do to make money, Now i turn away copyright work because it's not worth the risk of getting in trouble over. Ford is VERY touchy on their logos as well as many others. In fact, If your into the import auto parts business you probably hear of a domo-kon. I actually was selling them on my website and gotten contacted personally by Domo USA to take it down before i was getting into legal trouble. Not everyone will be this kind.

Just because some are getting away with selling copyrighted material does not mean you are going to be. If someone is doing drugs, are you as well because they are? I don't think so.

Read up on this business, subscribe to some magazines, forums and learn how to truly make signs and graphics. You can also continue to want to do this flea market thing but it's a race to the bottom from there if you ask me, It never really comes out to be much at the end from what i have seen over the last half decade. Now, I hardly get approched for anything of this nature because changed what i focused on and didn't become part of forums where people wanted this kind of business and wanted everything for $5 shipped because they seen it on ebay or what not.

Good luck, These are my suggestions to you  :huh:

thank you for yeah i know it can be touchy i guess i should have made that the first question i asked is it worth it to sell copyrighted meterial but i deffinitly understand that it isnt what magizines would you guys sugjest?

thank you for yeah i know it can be touchy i guess i should have made that the first question i asked is it worth it to sell copyrighted meterial but i deffinitly understand that it isnt what magizines would you guys sugjest?

Personally i subscribe to signcraft http://signcraft.com it's $39 for 1 year and you get 6 issues and a 2011 pricing guide as well as a online price guide to help you if your lost sometimes.

Another one i am subscribed to is signs and digital graphics magazine.

Actually yes, do a search and you'll find several 4um postings of people selling at flea markets

on avrage what were you guys and gals amking when you fist started out at the flea market?

indoor markets usually do . Outside markets ... vendors bring their own generators if they need 1 .

i started this topic forever ago and finaly took the chance and went to the flea market. it was 80$ for the weekend.i messed up and let the owner talk me into a booth in the yard sale side. which was a very bad ideal lol. but i actuly didn't do to bad i made alot of signs for other vinders. in fact thats were most of the money i made last weekend came from.the booth was a 10x10 booth i made banners and a bunch of coro displays.it was hard to get the peoples attintion it seems as if you have alot of people standing around your booth people croud it . so i had to be creative and cheat a little bit and call some of my friends and told them to come down and hang out for the day this was the second day at the flea market. and this completely changed my sales the sales went up atleast 4 times. all in all i payed 80$ to rent the booth. 30$ in food about 35$ in gas and made 298$ so thats about 135 profit? i honestly cant complain about it thats more than i would have made if i wouldnt have gone. i will post pics soon thanks for everyones help!

The best I have found with the local flea markets is I know a guy who goes every saturday so I give him a commission and send him with a handful of different things and every time he comes back he has a full order form for me for the next week. I have recently been sending him with a catalog so the orders are getting larger. I average about $80 a Saturday when he goes not to bad for me just sending him out selling for me basically. (For those that ask I give him 15% and my average in my pocket is still $80)