KEGRAFFIX

Getting Screwed Over and need A Printer ASAP

Heres the deal. I have been outsourcing my Banner work to a well known printer here on the forum. Everything was great and always on time. I requsted another banner to be made back in november. I paid upfront like always, I thought everything was good but today is Jan 7th and I still have no banner. Multiple emails later and still no reply. Only reply I got was when I opened a case with Paypal a month ago.

I need this banner before next friday and am running out of time. Is there anyone willing to take this job? Its for a 4x6 Banner, White, With text and logo, one color, black. I was being charged $65 shipped from this printer. Also would be willing to work something out for future jobs awell.

Im not here to bash anyone, so no names will be mentioned. Its unfortunate stuff like this happens.

I have attached a pic. its not what is getting printed. The printed file will just be the logo and url in black.  So White banner with SILAS and MYSPACE url in Black.

post-4054-12986565814364_thumb.jpg

post-4054-1298656583078_thumb.jpg

I can get printed banners, but not in the timeframe you need at the price you want to pay.

I can provide you with a price, but I need some more info.

Hemmed? Grommets?

It would actually be nice if you shared the username... so more people don't get screwed... OR maybe someone on here knows that person and knows why they havent been around? Just a thought....

No names, please. If you feel you MUST know, ask privately. If a name is posted, I will delete it.

$65 shipped is kind on low side( bit over $2.50 sqft)

I can do it for$3.00 sqft + shipping.

My prices are not Any secret.

Contact me if you are Interested.

At "roxanneupnorth"

Why promoting some printers when There is  enough

Printers on this forum ( beside myself)

Not cool.

At bannerjohn

No reason for deleting name Of the printer, if it is permited to us toOffer services it Should be also  permited to forum members to expose us on Wall Of shame if We do wrong.

It has always been my policy not to use suppliers that try to wear 2 hats.....Sorry but I think this is a very bad practice so when someone asks for a referral they will get a referral to a company that I think can best serve their needs.....

In one Of your posts you have mentioned , you do not like to deal with local printers,

Now you are telling us different story.

I do not think Any Of printers on this forum are from your area

So I think you are just simple full Of it.

And , just to make it clear im not saying All Of this because Of me.

Ive never done Any printing for people here due to lake Of free time.

You have yourself a nice weekend .

$65 shipped is kind on low side( bit over $2.50 sqft)

I can do it for$3.00 sqft + shipping.

My prices are not Any secret.

Contact me if you are Interested.

At "roxanneupnorth"

Why promoting some printers when There is  enough

Printers on this forum ( beside myself)

Not cool.

At bannerjohn

No reason for deleting name Of the printer, if it is permited to us toOffer services it Should be also  permited to forum members to expose us on Wall Of shame if We do wrong.

I will delete the name because we only have ONE side of the story. This type of thing should be handled in private. There could be any number of reasons why the order wasn't filled. I was DAMN lucky that my customers didn't leave me negative feedback when I was in hospital for 10 days and out of work for 2 weeks after that.

IF,however, I can see PROOF that this person has a history of doing this type of thing, it's a different matter.

In one Of your posts you have mentioned , you do not like to deal with local printers,

Now you are telling us different story.

I do not think Any Of printers on this forum are from your area

So I think you are just simple full Of it.

And , just to make it clear im not saying All Of this because Of me.

Ive never done Any printing for people here due to lake Of free time.

You have yourself a nice weekend .

Haha full of it.., well put

It has always been my policy not to use suppliers that try to wear 2 hats.....Sorry but I think this is a very bad practice so when someone asks for a referral they will get a referral to a company that I think can best serve their needs.....

confused ... so using your criteria , you would tell your customers wanting printed stuff not to use you ? It seems the wearing 2 hat theory would apply to you outsourcing printed vinyl . I don't mind disagreeing with anybody or having anybody disagreeing with me , but roxanneupnorth , you seem to try to be a bit abrasive :rolleyes: AYE ?  ;)

Re-read my posts and you will see that you have taken my comments out of context.....I use only trade suppliers......And those trade suppliers happen to not be local....So as a result I do not use local shops.....Pretty straight forward.....

Why is so hard to understand.?.....There are retail sellers and there are wholesale sellers......In my mind it is not a good idea to do business with someone who does both.....So I prefer to use "trade only" vendors when I outsource work....

It's perfect sense to use someone to retails and wholesales.

Simply shops who do this such as my own, Take what i would retail it for and give a % off so you can make money also. Even though areas differ it should get you in the ballpark still.

There is nothing wrong with using someone who retails and wholesales.

@roxanneupnorth

This  thread was not about your understanding of business practices.Someone was looking for printer and you chimed  in by referring someone .....even if there is enough good printers here (jfough,Stetson, james ,quest etc) who always help members with advices an ofering help when needed.

This is second thread you wrap yourself in vines of nonesences.

Change your attitude because you never know when you might need help from someone on this forum.

One thing is for sure, you did some reading on sign 101(which is not bad) and now you are trying to adopt some business practices which you do not undertstand completely.

It's perfect sense to use someone to retails and wholesales.

Simply shops who do this such as my own, Take what i would retail it for and give a % off so you can make money also. Even though areas differ it should get you in the ballpark still.

There is nothing wrong with using someone who retails and wholesales.

I agree with wholesale and retail..I do both all the time..If I wholesale I make profit on the qty and retail profit up front and then more with qty...I think others that sell my product find them a profit margin too, if they price higher than me then I usually end up with their customer because customers shop even when you give them a great deal...What goes around comes around in life and business...

Just my 2 cents..Nothing wrong with 2 hats or even 3 or 4!!

stetson5331

You are getting my comments all twisted.  There are 2 aspects to this.

1st, a retail shop that also wholesales potentially could do business with my clients.  Best way for me to avoid this potential (even if it is very small) is to use trade only suppliers. This is the perspective from which my comments are being made.

2nd, and not something I really care much about because I do not do wholesale work, is that time and/or equipment being used for wholesale work is not available for retail work.  So if you have time for wholesale work, get out and knock on doors and sell retail work.  Based on the research I have seen, $1.00 of retail work has the same profit as $2.50 - $3.00 of wholesale work so if you want to maximize the value of your time and/or equipment you should stick to retail.

And IMO, a trade supplier for the banner in question would come in very close to the 65.00 price mentioned in the OP (or less).

Got the banner taken care of. Thanks to all the people that reached out to me. Still no word from the original printer. Guess im going to put this one down as a loss. Lost a customer, oh well what you going to do. And bannerjohn, don't worry I wont be posting any names but I noticed this person is on here everyday and replying to people that need jobs done. So by the looks of it, its not a health or personal issue. I did give them 2 months before looking else where. With no luck.

@Kegraffix - That sucks. I feel for you. Been there, done that, got the tshirt...

@roxanneupnorth - I think the issue everyone is having with your comments (...and yes, I read them completely) is that there are many people who frequent this forum that were perfectly capable of producing the job the original poster requested. You attempted to inform the original poster that he/she would be better off going through a large, corporate trade vendor than dealing with the small business owners here on the forum. I see two issues with your advice:

1.)  The original poster may not be the owner of a registered company, and therefore will have an extremely difficult time attempting to register with a trade printer, as they only sell to Tradesmen. (Hence the moniker "Trade Printer") If you do not have a storefront, website or reseller certificate (some states require this) they will not even let you register, let alone buy from them. This is also the reason you gave for using them, as your clients are unable to use them and therefore the trade printer will never steal your business.

2.)  Small businesses should help other small businesses. If someone walks in off the street and requests some printing, vinyl, graphic design, etc... I am more likely to give them a higher (retail) price than if someone contacted be through this board. If I know that someone is going to resell the product I am selling to them, I am more likely to give them a break on the price assuming that if they can make money on what I'm providing (and I'm making a little money) they will become a return customer. This is how business relationships are formed.

Just my two cents...

@Kegraffix - That sucks. I feel for you. Been there, done that, got the tshirt...

@roxanneupnorth - I think the issue everyone is having with your comments (...and yes, I read them completely) is that there are many people who frequent this forum that were perfectly capable of producing the job the original poster requested. You attempted to inform the original poster that he/she would be better off going through a large, corporate trade vendor than dealing with the small business owners here on the forum. I see two issues with your advice:

1.)   The original poster may not be the owner of a registered company, and therefore will have an extremely difficult time attempting to register with a trade printer, as they only sell to Tradesmen. (Hence the moniker "Trade Printer") If you do not have a storefront, website or reseller certificate (some states require this) they will not even let you register, let alone buy from them. This is also the reason you gave for using them, as your clients are unable to use them and therefore the trade printer will never steal your business.

2.)   Small businesses should help other small businesses. If someone walks in off the street and requests some printing, vinyl, graphic design, etc... I am more likely to give them a higher (retail) price than if someone contacted be through this board. If I know that someone is going to resell the product I am selling to them, I am more likely to give them a break on the price assuming that if they can make money on what I'm providing (and I'm making a little money) they will become a return customer. This is how business relationships are formed.

Just my two cents...

great reply.

1.)   The original poster may not be the owner of a registered company, and therefore will have an extremely difficult time attempting to register with a trade printer, as they only sell to Tradesmen. (Hence the moniker "Trade Printer") If you do not have a storefront, website or reseller certificate (some states require this) they will not even let you register, let alone buy from them. This is also the reason you gave for using them, as your clients are unable to use them and therefore the trade printer will never steal your business.

2.)   Small businesses should help other small businesses. If someone walks in off the street and requests some printing, vinyl, graphic design, etc... I am more likely to give them a higher (retail) price than if someone contacted be through this board. If I know that someone is going to resell the product I am selling to them, I am more likely to give them a break on the price assuming that if they can make money on what I'm providing (and I'm making a little money) they will become a return customer. This is how business relationships are formed.

Just my two cents...

+1

So does anyone have a clue about the trade suppliers I use?. You have jumped to the conclusion I do not support small businesses. I would say 90% of my outsourced products come from small businesses.

And if a person here can not buy from a trade supplier because they are not registered, are you contributing to an illegal activity?.

Just my two cents...

you are beating your head against a brick wall.