vinylmotivations

Laserpoint 24- Vinyl catching on lip at edge of outfeed side of plotter

I have noticed on the very edge of the outfeed side of the plotter theres a recess that seems quite nice for trimming off vinyl with scissors in a nice straight, square line- however when cutting the vinyl feeds out, hits this lip and starts to roll until it pops out of it. I have a feeling this has goofed a few cuts.

Does anyone else exp. this and is there a fix?

I put a peice of tape over mine. A scrap of black Oracal 631 even blends in with the color of the machine

Everyone has to cover this lip - it was for a flat feed adapter tray set that was offered for a short time - causes way more trouble than anything

It does make a nice place to run a cutter down to get straight cuts. I have a Snitty Zippy Cutter I use to cut off my vinyl and it runs down the slot even with vinyl over it.

post-1657-12986563879971_thumb.jpg

I have a Copam & it has a slot to use as a cutting guide . Vinyl cathes on it & the alignment mark area also . I always bend 1/4" or so up on the vinyl so it does not have the curve it got from being rolled up .

Like everything else in life, Duct Tape is your friend! That's what I used to cover mine.

Yeah no kidding. Slapping tape or vinyl over the front and back to me look tacky- also doesn't solve the grooves up by the cutting strip IMO. I deal with it, hopefully can afford an FC8000 soon anyways.

Duct tape tacky? Well, it does stick pretty good! :P

(and yes, some of us like duct tape and may be more concerned with function over cute & pretty)

Unfortunately for me, I wouldn't be concerned, however, as I take my laserpoint to small craft shows and small venue trade shows- a professional image is everything. The customer sees your equipment and all at most because there is never enough room to have a place to hide it. Customers' perception of a person with crappy or ugly equipment is that their product is crappy or ugly as well. You tend to draw more attention with clean, organised and 'pretty' equipment.... one of the reasons why this laserpoint was great- even though its not a high end cutter, the bright red draws a TON of attention to it!

• Like 1

Thank you. I'll "stick" with my 'crappy' PCUT CT900 and it's duct tape strip...

If you're so concerned about perceived looks, you could always place something "pretty" in place, or just struggle and complain...

Wanted to add a "P.S." here.

Sorry if the above sounds offensive and I really didn't mean it that way. Why not edit it out, cause they out out as e-mails to people and it would have been read by folks...

My excuse? I just finished recovery from a hard, hard drive crash on my work computer. Not in a good mood at all... And I took offense at that "crappy" thing... Anyway, Sorry... I still suggest using something pretty. You could always custom cut/ptint a vinyl to cover the edge, which I might do myself now that I thought of it...