When I send Text to the cutter it stops cutting about half way through. I've made sure all text is within the PINK area.

Tried different sizes all the way to just 'my name' inside 8.5" x11".....

The cutter just stops cutting while the software is still sending. I have to hit "Cancel" and unplug the USB cable to get the software to respond back.

Then restart the cutter cause it says "Waiting".

Any Ideas :)

Thanks.

I had seen something Jerry posted about disabling power management for your ports in the computer BIOS. If you are comfortable entering the BIOS, try turning power management off for ports.

Original Cable.

Sign Blazer Elements.

Not hiting Red button.

Stops about halfway through sending file to cutter.

The progress meter just hangs.

The file is only 23KB in size....and I attached it below. Please see if it works.

Went to my BIOS and disabled Power Management fully. Did not see anything about "Power management to ports" to disable.

It will cut a small 10"x6" text file sometimes (stops on this also)....but the other text file (attached below) is 11"x22" and has never gotten all the way to the end.

Please Help. :bang:

enjoy this moment.SBD

enjoy this moment.SBD

Just installed SignCut X2, I recreated the above attached Text file and tried to cut it.

The Cutter stops in the middle of the cut and Says: " WAITING" on the Panel.

I then went to the Options of Signcut for the Cutter and the Device which was selected as "USB-Serial Port COM1" is now not even in the list. So, I unplugged the USB from Cutter and re-plugged it and re-opened the Options and "USB-Serial Port COM1" was there once more.

Its like it just lost the USB connection in the middle of the cut.

The wife is going to get another cable right now to see if thats the problem.

Anyone :)

Tried at least 5 other USB cables and nothing worked.

Settings:

Baud=9600

Databits=8

Parity=None

Stopbits=1

Handshake/Flowcontrol=Hardware

Tried FlowControl = xON xOFF did not work either.

You have not said whether this happens with other files or only with this particular file?

I downloaded the file and it cut perfectly.

Does it happen with other files?

If it does then i have seen this before in another brand of cutter.

I am not saying this is the answer to your problem, it is just a possibility.

What is was in the other cutter was a faulty memory chip.

This caused a buffer overflow and the cutter would stop.

Chip replaced and all was fine.

Ask Ken for further info or help.

Jerry from SignBlazer.

I had this happen a few times when I first got my cutter and (this is a longshot) the problem was that the connection on the CUTTER for the USB was a bit lose. As the cutter vibrated,it would wiggle the USB cable just enough to drop the connection. It could be something as simple as that.

I solved the problem with man's best friend,(duct tape). If you listen carefully, you should hear the sound of the USB connection dropping if you have that sound enabled.

Just a thought.

But I am with Jerry on this,I think its a memory problem.

Could also be the COM port you have the USB set to use. COM1 is usally reserved for a Serial port, and I would suggest changing it to COM3 or higher. See if a different COM port solves the issue. Worst case scenario, it could be a hardware issue. Another customer was having similar issues, opened the cutter to investigate, and found the buffer memory chip was not seated completely on the motherboard. Seated it completely and problem was resolved.

Man i've used every Com port available for this device. Took notes from Jerry from a previous thread to use Com 1 or 2 so it may resolve.

Reseated the chip, and sent a very small cut and it works. anything larger than my hand will not work.

Whats next ?

In SignCut i just had success with 4" tall  letters....changed it to 6" letters and it bombed half way...like a memory error.

Whats going on.....any ideas?

I'm using 15" wide media right now and would like to use 24" media in the future.... seems like i can only cut 4" wide graphics....if its not too long.

I'm only typing in text at the moment.

:why:

Have you sent the Motherboard ? I've sent you 2 emails, a personal message, a voicemail, and your phone is busy all morning. Really need this machine part dude.

Just please reply so I know whats going on. Please.

I will have to check. I apologize ahead of time for any delays, we are moving to the bigger location, and now have everything over here, but still need to unpack, etc.

Things are not as timely as they would normally be because of this.

Whos name would it have been shipped under?

Found the request, and also found out why it had not shipped yet.......out of stock. New shipment of cutters and parts is due at our new warehouse this week. In the meantime, if you have not already, open the cutter and investigate all connections to the motherboard, could be something loose causing the issue. Once the motherboards are here, we will expedite one to you.

Hi enviocad, I have the same problem with my lazerpoint have try 10 differant cable, redid the program, cut in landscape,removed borders. Ken told me to do the same with the cables. I thought I was the only one with this problem.That is till i read this. If you come up with a fix please let me and the rest of the world know. Thanks Eddie

hey crshdumy,

First make sure you have not one other USB device cable hooked to the machine (especially not a printer)....unplug everything USB except your USCutter. Always turn the cutter off/on before a large cut to clear whatever memory.

If this does not work, you probably need a motherboard.

Reply back.

Finally got some replacement motherboards in, but they sent the wrong ones. So I do have replacements, but they are without the serial connection. Would you like to try one of those?

hi Enirocad I reloaded signblazer the day the chat line started and trashed the file I had all the problems with, rewrote it and all is well. Ken asked me what the problem was and my reply was ME. I checked the file and could not find a reson for the lack of cutting. The only thing that I could come up with is, I was the problem. I still have an issue with the buttons (extra i cant get rid of)

I kept having the same problem with my PCut. I finally took BannerJohn's advice to others and am now using a serial cable. Problem went away. I am much happier with my cutter now.

I also went to the serial cable but still had the same problem thats when I reinstalled :clap: :clap: