TheCustomVinylShop

This forum is dead...

What Lueman said  ;D .

( Very short story/opinion ) In the 3+ years I have been here , there is always the new guys that learn , get up to speed & move on . Then there was a group of regulars that was constant . A bit of drama & many of those regulars got tired of the drama & either left or don't participate as much . I think that is why JenL93 has not been around ... either that or she had another goldfish die ;D She kept this place fun & endearing . Most things get old after awhile . I like it when I am busy enough not to have the time to be on the computer . I surf the computer while watching TV to keep my boredom down  :) .

For many these forums are a learning curve and then they get going and no longer have the time, which is a good thing in a way I suppose. For me, I lost a six figure income due to the depression and needed a resource that would turn a toy I purchased for personal use into an income generating tool. I got better thanks to you all and as a result way too busy to hang out in a forum all the time, and then I too went MIA for a time.

Now I have a boring new job with one of the top two US based financial institutions, my income is back and as a result lot's of free time to treat this as simply an extra income generating hobby... that's my story, and my theory.

RG

I can speak from experience to that, I got so busy over the last 10 months that I haven't been here much. I come in spurts, and then I am gone for a while. But it's nice to come back and see all my old friends still here for the most part. Even though none of them talk to me lol.

Kevin

I can speak from experience to that, I got so busy over the last 10 months that I haven't been here much. I come in spurts, and then I am gone for a while. But it's nice to come back and see all my old friends still here for the most part. Even though none of them talk to me lol.

Kevin

;D Hee Hee, you said "come in spurts"...

RG

well, it's kinda like my mom. Every time I pass through the  living room I stop and see if she's napping or dead. Except for a slight movement in the chest, it's hard to tell.

What Lueman said  ;D .

( Very short story/opinion ) In the 3+ years I have been here , there is always the new guys that learn , get up to speed & move on . Then there was a group of regulars that was constant . A bit of drama & many of those regulars got tired of the drama & either left or don't participate as much . I think that is why JenL93 has not been around ... either that or she had another goldfish die ;D She kept this place fun & endearing . Most things get old after awhile . I like it when I am busy enough not to have the time to be on the computer . I surf the computer while watching TV to keep my boredom down  :) .

Jenny has pretty much quit doing vinyl..for now anyway. Too busy going to school.

I'm new, and try to post as much as I can!

and it is much appreciated.

I was just thinking yesterday how only about 5 or 6 people post everyday.

I think you're right. People stop here to learn and move on.

I did that, and came back to meet new people and learn more.

theres always more to learn.

i am in no way an expert, but i have no problems doing what i need done. i still come here to steal eps's  ;D and i help when its something that i have already encountered and know how to get around.

other than that, im experimenting with screen printing now, and learning a lot about that, thanks in part to the poster above!!  ;D  after that, who knows. to recap, theres always something more to learn.

I am new to the forums and try to help when and where I can. I have learned ALOT from all here on the forums. I think as most of you, the forum goes in cycles and with Christmas coming soon all of our businesses are getting busier. I own a shipping and printing business that 75% of the entire years money comes in during a 3 to 4 month period. I am learning the cutting trade even though I have not gotten my cutter yet from the forum and all of you. I print all kinds of stuff as well as design. I have learned so much thus far from all of your posts and help provided to me from others and really hope this forum does not die.

stetson5331

+1. these forums have kept my learning curve to a minimum which has saved me a lot of moolah. Plus, I learned of and how to use Inkscape through these forums and I can now send off for printed vinyl w/o having a hefty art fee!

I think anyone could learn from the forums someone starting out or the ones with years of experince can pick up pointers here thanks to the help of the great people on here. I have learned a lot from just reading looking at the show your work and asking a few questions. You have some pillars of the forum that keep it interesting such as Banner John, Rodger and a few that as said havent been here in a while. There is much experince to be shared if you really want to learn . And I give my thanks to all that have posted information,eps files and maybe just some humor.

Dan

I briefly browse here almost daily after checking emails. When able to offer fresh insight, I'll post. I do not feel a desire to repeat advice or comments offered by others in many discussions just to chime in, I'll make exception in this case  :huh:.  My question is how do those of you that desire to spent precious time discussing issues like this find the time to perform all the other tasks normally associated with daily life?

I briefly browse here almost daily after checking emails. When able to offer fresh insight, I'll post. I do not feel a desire to repeat advice or comments offered by others in many discussions just to chime in, I'll make exception in this case  ;D.  My question is how do those of you that desire to spent precious time discussing issues like this find the time to perform all the other tasks normally associated with daily life?

I guess some states have 36 hour days where some only have 24 hour days!  :huh:

I briefly browse here almost daily after checking emails. When able to offer fresh insight, I'll post. I do not feel a desire to repeat advice or comments offered by others in many discussions just to chime in, I'll make exception in this case  :huh:.  My question is how do those of you that desire to spent precious time discussing issues like this find the time to perform all the other tasks normally associated with daily life?

I suppose I'm exempt... I'm on company time when I drop in! I guess that's why my bank is only paying .025% for your deposits...  ;D

RG

College full time is taking 90 % of my waking time now. Whew it has been a load.... :huh:

My question is how do those of you that desire to spent precious time discussing issues like this find the time to perform all the other tasks normally associated with daily life?

Good question & I understand . When I 1rst joined , it was a major help in getting me up to speed . BannerJohn & Ken's intense involment benifited everybody !!! I had watched a buddy cut vinyl before I bought a cutter & thought I had some experience , but found out I had almost none . The help & comradery that was here was great , but has gotten a bit stale . It is an escape mecanism for me , Some threads & members grab my attention/consentration & things that may be bothering me is put into the background for awhile . I know it isn't like " Cheers " , but it seems to be a hang-out like a local bar sometimes . See good friends sometimes , see some you would rather not see , but overall an interesting , intelligent place to converse . I have been missing Jenny's particiaption & also miss Speedy as of late . Everybody gets busy , but hopefully can still hang out , time to time ( insert thumbs up icon :huh: )

I guess some states have 36 hour days where some only have 24 hour days!  ;D

At first the 36 hour thing sounded tempting especially if those states had better climate than I currently experience. But on further thought, I realize the xtra 12 hours would probably just increase my daily workload.....