Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

My 4th and 5th item blasted

Its a peacock on glass.

my 4th item I have done with my new toy, now I need to get more stuff.

the design is 15" t x 6.5" w

post-3171-12986550313216_thumb.jpg

post-3171-12986550313598_thumb.jpg

post-3171-12986550330353_thumb.jpg

post-3171-12986550330608_thumb.jpg

thanks all!

Number 5

this is blasted on the front using cal vinyl as the mask and my on site blaster. it has a mirror finish but looks black its not.

cheap family dollar mirror 6 bucks

the specs are paper towel I think cause I just cleaned it then I held up to my tv for pic I need to learn how to take mirror pics.

its 12" L x 11" h

Guest manwayvan

Haha I love the Mirror...I need to get me one of those

That didnt take long seems like you have it down already great work

Nice work Joe!!  Did you get into sandblasting to take up some of that time in the Winter Tundra??  :thumbsup:

Looks cool  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you have a picture of your on-site setup ? How do you like it ? is really 100% mess free or just cut the mess a little ?

Guest Schramm

Joe,

Looks like you are doing a nice job is the peacock photo from the Dover design book?  I was going to take the time to clean it up however there was so much wrong with it that I didnt bother.  You did a nice job with it.  The 2nd one looks nice, is that one blasted from the back or the front?  Glass is such a trip as it is damn near impossible to tell if it is glass or mirror.

What are you using for a media?

thanks all again!

I really got into to it so I could offer different services, not just vinyl but still use my cutter. And when you check out some of these glass artist like schramm and L white it is just to awesome to pass up on and not learn how to do some of it.

it is virtually dust/abrasive free the only time I get a mess is when I lift the gun up while still holding the trigger.

Yes the peacock is from dover and you can see where I had a blowout on it.

the 2nd mirror is from the front.

The media is brownish lol I bought the unit from a glass company that used it for a shower enclosure that they sold and then they stopped doing it so it just sat there. It came all set up all I had to do was hook up the air.

its real fun and if I can learn more I can do more. next, I want to blast from the back then paint or gold leaf. Then after that glue chipping that looks like big fun. then you put them all together and whoa!