Sign in to follow this  
neron15210

First 2 doors for POLICE Department

First 2 doors I just finished in PD building (5 more to do)

Oracal 651 for lettering and 3M IJ35c-10 for printed seal.

Pictures were taken with phone camera,and I apologize for quality.

Lettering on Chiefs door is not misaligned (I made sure it's perfect) it's because of bad light or bad angle.

This is going to be nice account for me. :thumbsup:

post-2556-12986549601083_thumb.jpg

post-2556-12986549601521_thumb.jpg

post-2556-12986549602098_thumb.jpg

post-2556-1298654961094_thumb.jpg

post-2556-12986549611266_thumb.jpg

post-2556-12986549611611_thumb.jpg

dont you have to have a contract with the county to do the work on the government stuff ie police/fire vehicles and buildings and what not

No, contract is no needed.

When I was contacted to do the job I've been told just to make invoice and I will be paid in 30 days.

hmm sweet, i need to see if it is like that here, my next door neighbor is a cop with the sheriffs department, should see if they need some stuff done

dont you have to have a contract with the county to do the work on the government stuff ie police/fire vehicles and buildings and what not

Like has already been said, it depends on the area.  We do things several different ways.  If it's over a certain amount, then we have to bid it but if it's under, we can pretty well use who we want although we are encouraged to keep our business in state.  I've been approached by other agencies for their graphics (haven't gotten anything yet at this point) after we went live with our new agency graphics.  Of course I was a nice guy about the whole thing and created around a $200 graphics package per car for my agency and the only money the department is out is they paid for supplies, so we redid our entire fleet (about 10 vehicles when it's said and done) for about the price of one.  I figure once word gets out one of the local vendors will whine about not getting a chance to do it and we'll just throw back in their faces about the fact that we saved taxpayer money.  The only thing I get out of the deal is the experience of doing car graphics and portfolio material.

As for the doors, those look pretty good and gives me some ideas because I want to redo the entrance to my department.

Very nice work :angel:;D

contract or no contract, as long as you get paid......

now to the light side of things

Being a fellow PA'er and an Office fan......has Michael Scott moved on from Scranton???

The Federal government makes you file an application as a vendor and must be approved before issuing any work to you, on smaller amounts the department can pay with a credit card if you accept them. Some municipality's require a similar vendor type appalaction and others like our little town just has you do the work then has the treasure write the check no waiting i like those jobs. The last job i did for the VA. Hospital in our town paid by credit card the same day as completion it was only1060.00 but we of course have the credit card fees come out of that but well worth it for a quick payment.

Very nice work by the way        Dan

Was the emblem printed?

Thank you guys.

@ graphic guy

I've heard  Michael Scott came to Department not long ago, I do not know where he was before .

Very nice guy BTW.

@ Dan

Yes, Logo /seal was printed

Very nice work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

contract or no contract, as long as you get paid......

now to the light side of things

Being a fellow PA'er and an Office fan......has Michael Scott moved on from Scranton???

I was thinking the same thing. I don't think anyone else got it.  :rolleyes: