mr300s

Transfer vs easyweed

I am still having some issues with the bought transfers.  I just love how easy the easyweed cuts, weeds, and goes on the shirts.

I am still having some problems with the plastisol transfers.  I tried doing them exactly as the directions said 380 degrees med pressure for 8-10 seconds.  It is a hot peel and I am peeling right away.  What happens is it does not pull off clean almost like its sticking to much to the shirt and I am left with some residue on the transfer.

I then added to everything temp to 390 degrees and the time I bumped it up to 19 seconds.  There was no lifting on the edges of the transfer this time but I would say it still did not appear to come off clean?

I am wondering if its a problem with the transfers themselves or do you think it user error.  Hree is a couple sweatshirts I did with the easyweed.  

The press is a auto open and also shows me the pressure in a digital #?

bought transfer

IMG_2110.jpg

This is the sweatshirt I had trouble with it seemed to lose it color after I applied it.  I had to re press it as the first 10 seconds wasn't enough and I could see the edges weren't pressed down enough??

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2112.jpg

• Like 1

try a bit more pressure

stu  :thumbsup:

Thanks Stu I am at pretty firm pressure right now running it at 8 ?

• Like 1

I have a question because I'm trying transfers myself too.  How did you get the black to show through on the holes on the side?  My problem is, the transfers I have for dark shirts, still show the white in the back ground...any ideas?

A little more pressure might do it, and make sure you're pre-pressing the garment to remove any moisture  :thumbsup:

I have a question because I'm trying transfers myself too.  How did you get the black to show through on the holes on the side?  My problem is, the transfers I have for dark shirts, still show the white in the back ground...any ideas?

Kkappy sounds like you are talking about the inkjet transfers you buy in the box stores? They are talking about custom Plastisol transfers they had made to order. If you are talking about transfers you had made to order then I'd look to who made them as they might not be made right.

Did you preheat the bottom platen with a few cycles with no shirt loaded?

Yes I did for about a full minute, and then pre heated the shirt

How old are the transfers?
  Don't know but they were from art brands so I feel they should have been fine, but they were on sale so you never know, but I have a feeling its user error being new at this...
  • Like 1

Guest fivestar

I'd call Art Brands and see if anyone else is having problems.  Sounds to me like you're doing everything correct.

I'd call Art Brands and see if anyone else is having problems.  Sounds to me like you're doing everything correct.

I'd have to agree with this..  When you peel, are you peeling the paper back on itself at as tight of an angle as possible?  Not sure this would solve your problem, but its something to try and always do.  You might also try waiting a second or so after the pressing before peeling.  I have had some situations where the color ink wanted to stick to the paper, while the white underlayer stuck to the shirt when peeling TOO hot.

Why does the Marilyn design look good on the womens shirt but thin on the sweatshirt?

thanks for all the advice everyone.  I will try all that.  The sweatshirt one (Marylin) when I started to peel off the transfer it seemed like it was almost stuck to the shirt so I re applyed some more time to it but as you can see didnt help.

I just had plastisol transfers made of one of my designs and pressed them today on the same sweatshirt batch and it seemed to come out good as did the shirts.  These were from a different company though.

Guess I will give Judy a call from Art Brands....

pirate-2.jpg

pirate1-1.jpg

• Like 1

mr300 where did you have your plastisol transfers made of your designs I need to have some done as well any input would be great thanks jhelms

mr300 where did you have your plastisol transfers made of your designs I need to have some done as well any input would be great thanks jhelms

Semoi email Bre semoi@att.net tell her I sent you maybe I could score some brownie points LOL.....

She has the best prices out there as far as I could tell... Good Luck

• Like 1

Mr300s Do they have pre-made stuff? I am looking into trying out some. I have done vinyl on shirts and also some jpss from my wf1100 but never tried the plastisols. What is the differnce with the plastisols and the jpss?

Thanks,

Christi

I would have to say you are pressing it for to long. My transfers i only press for about 7sec and thats it. If I press longer it will look like what your having problems with

one big plus is you can use the transfers on any color shirts for the most part.  Semo does not sell them.  I use Art Brands I still have an overage of transfers for a $1.00 each plus shipping if you are interested in trying some...

Mr. 300, are those blank transfers or pre-made from Art Brand.

We bought Art Brand in the past and some of their transfers were hard to heat press. I believe they have different levels and you have to increase the pressure is that correct?

Maybe you can offer tutoring services too. Lol.

Yeah that would be good. For us that have never done this sort of thing. :lol: Is the transfers better then doing your own jpss?

Christi

Heat press vinyl, JPSS, plastisol transfers, etc. all have their place......In a well rounded business you will use them all.....Some clients will be quite happy with JPSS while others will run you out of town....So none are better than the other.....Rather it is more what will work for a particular client......