Sign in to follow this  
eddieb378

An Install I did today

Is Michael Vick at it Again!?  ;D

Cell phones as Cameras should be Outlawed.

Can't really comment on your work because you can't really see it.

Hope Vick paid you very well.LOL

All kidding aside try getting a better camera to take your photos, phones are phones and should stay what they are and do best. IMO

Yuh def hard to see.

A&P, i'll beg the differ though, phones are coming a long way. I'm looking at picking up the new HTC Hero from Sprint that has a 5mp camera. It's better than any I've seen yet. But to be honest. past 4 or 5 mp is doesn't really matter, only if your printing them. for a 4x6 5mp is fine. It all is in the sensors they use. I have a Canon 40D and will never go to a point and shoot every lol.

We DEMAND BETTER PICTURES! lol jk

my current phone has a much better and higher resolution camera than my first digital camera, and I am happy to say is much smaller and convenient.

That being said, I can see the install well enough to say that it looks good to me.

and..who the hell is Michael Vick?

Oh come on John, you gotta come out of that dungeon basement once in awhile to have heard of Michael Vick, the Football Quarterback that went to federal prison for Running and Funding a Dog Fighting Ring and killing the dogs that lost. ;D

Even if your not a NFL Football fan it was ALL OVER THE NEWS FOR WEEKS!

Mader I have a cell phone with a camera and Never use it as one.

More often than not anyone taking a pic with a camera says "please excuse the crappy pics they were taken with my cell phone"

Best thing to do if the pic turns out like garbage is Delete it and retake it. Thats the beauty of Digital. ;D

I take my Nikon D50 DSLR with me to take pics.

My Blackberry takes some of the most horrible pictures so I try not to even use it ever lol. My Canon 40D DSLR is my baby and it goes where I go as well. Although, it's at Canon right now getting cleaned. Only takes around 7 days from the time they get it to the time I get it back.

And most people I think say sure give me that FREE phone with that 2 year service agreement. You know the jack of all trades but master of none phones. lol

The majority can take a pic IF the conditions are just Right and you actually know enough about photography to know what they are, and how to compensate when they are not.

A small point and shoot digital camera will get you much better results for the average point and shooter. And they easily fit into your pocket and are not expensive, and don't require a 2 year agreement either. lol

I didn't buy my phone for the camera thats for sure lol. It's nice to have a phone that can take nice enough pictures to store on the phone and thats about it. I bought my wife a point and shoot just cause she wanted something to throw in her purse and use it on the go. I on the other hand, love lugging my camera around in it's own backpack, with my 540ex flash and battery grips, and 2 or 3 of my lenses for the day. DSLR's are so much fun. Def an expensive hobby, if you though vinyl cutting was expensive lol. I have a couple lens sitting right here that cost almost double of my cutter lol.

But yes, back to the topic, Invest in a decent camera, Walmart had 9.2 mp Nikon for $99 over Christmas. This way you can take better pictures of your customers graphics to show to others. I know if I walked into a shop or asked to see some past stuff and I got a bunch of cell phone pics, it would be hard to persuade me into letting you do my stuff. Just a thought.

Your own personal business Portfolio with good quality in focus no glare pictures will help to sell your work and the more you do you only put your best work and best shots in it.  :thumbsup:

Guest kenya

I can see the photo, so I can give my opinion..... Nice job with layering.  :thumbsup:

Sometimes guys, a cell phone is all we have to get a shot..... geezz.  :huh:

Your Right,

Sorry to the OP.

I guess bad cell phone pics or any bad pic is a pet peeve of mine with Digital its so Easy just to Delete and reshoot it.

Out of focus pics are the worst.

I am no photographer by Any means I just delete a bad pic and take another if Photoshop can't help it a bit. And it can't do much with a pic that is out of focus, light or too dark it can do Wonders to a pic.

I apologize to the OP. You did a good job as far as I can see. There was really no need of turning the post into a rant over cell phone cameras. That's what the off-topic section is for. Don't let this discourage you from showing your work in Future.

I have pet peeves too..usually I just keep them to myself....and one is people who feel the need to put down other people for whatever reason.

And yes, now that I had it recalled to my memory, I do remember who that worthless piece of shit Michael Vick was...I just didn't see a connection...or a reason for mentioning him.

And, FYI..my dungeon cave has 6 computers,on a network, with news and weather feeds coming in constantly. I remember the important stuff, I put the crap way back in my mind. Sometimes it takes a jog to remember it.

And Vette..thanks for pointing out the obvious...other than people on vacation, I don't know many people who carry their digital cameras around with them all the time. Sometimes, you go with what you have.

Guest manwayvan

Looks nice how was the diamond plate vinyl to work with?

Looks nice and i more often than not use my cell phone to record my work,I have three cameras from 3.2 to 12 mp and end up using my2.0mp phone camera, in my case it is usually that i don't remember or too lazy to load in truck.

Dan

The diamond plate vinyl wasnt bad at all. The best investment I ever made was when I quit Useing splash and started useing window juice. It was Like daylight and dark between the two it took me 20 minutes to install both layers. I did it in two peices on the window it self.

The diamond plate vinyl wasnt bad at all. The best investment I ever made was when I quit Useing splash and started useing window juice. It was Like daylight and dark between the two it took me 20 minutes to install both layers. I did it in two peices on the window it self.

Window Juice rocks  :thumbsup:

Jon