MaderDesign

Motocross Number Design

Well, my cutter still isn't fixed, and needs to be sent back and a new one sent to me, but decided to cut some things anyways, this one won't be sold, he is doing Orange instead of Red for the design. So I'm going to keep this to show people. I hate how my cutter still cuts jagged lines in stuff, can't notice it from far but as soon as you hold it in front of you it's def noticeable and I will not sell something like that.

chadfrontplate.jpg

Those look great!  What vinyl are you using?  And are you laminating them at all?

Great job :thumbsup:

Well i'm in a dilemma, i may use Oracle 651 for them, this is cut on BGS as a test. But I'm wanting to laminate them to that they can be washed and not have to worry about them coming lose or peeled back. I asked in the other section about laminating them, how would I go about doing that and having a sticky backing?

I you use 651 i think you would have to use a pressure washer to get them to peel apart by wahsing

Pressure washers are commonly used to wash motocross bikes. Graphics are not considered long term anyway because of the "Rubbing is Racing" attitude commonly found in motocross.

Graphics aren't really considered short term either. If you see most of the graphics like "Rockstar Makita Suzuki", "Troy Lee Designs", "Pro Circuit Kawasaki", they are not cheap, and all the time I've been in the motocross world, I haven't really ever seen graphics kit torn up.

I'm just looking for something to either "laminate" it, or cover. I may use clear vinyl to go over. I just don't want the layers to peel off.

I will talk to my friend who does my sons graphics.  He just does local riders and I will see what he uses.  I DO know that they are laminated, otherwise, the printed layer would just tear apart when your boots rub or when the dirt/rocks hit it........

CAN-AM?.......now there is something you don't see everyday......

Yup he rides the new Can Am DS450MX, def a nice quad. If I did love Suzuki so much, I just may ride a Can Am. Power is def there, and with some suspension tweaks, motor work. It's all around a great quad.

Yuh I seen some stuff from 3M and Oraguard - It has an adhesive back and it's a laminate. It would then be the question, where can I find someone with a cold laminator lol I certainly don't have $6-$7k for one.............................(yet) :thumbsup:

Wait a minute mader, aren't you the guy from our other post who said.....and I quote..

"Heres the thing FatDad, when you get into the racing world, it costs a lot of money for the bikes/quads, and in order to race you are required by AMA that you wear "race" boots, DOT approved helmet. Most people including myself not only want the equipment to perform great, feel great, but also look good. It's fashion, I like the flashy gear, like the new 2010 Fox and Thor Gear. The bright colors, or extreme designs.

My boots cost me $500 (Alpinestars Tech 10), Helmets (yes I said helmets) I have 4 different helmets that I use. Didn't buy them all at once, 2 last year and 2 this year. 3 - Fox ($375 a piece) and a Thor helmet ($425). So of course you need to match your gear up with your helmet. So jerseys and pants combos are around $225 for the new 2010 gear. So you can see where $40 and people don't bat an eye at it. Especially if RPM is offering next day service, you can't beat that!"

So if you really think about......what's another $6k or $7k?  ;D

Hey rgaskins, I like your logo.  Would you be interested in doing a logo for my business.  Something that I can get as an EPS image.  I am not creative at all.  I am doing basic lettering stuff, no real designing.  I am looking for a logo to put onto the T's and Hoodies for my sponsored riders.  It would need to be no more than 3 colors because  I am using cad cut vinyl, no printing.  I would be willing to pay or barter.  Let me know who much something like that would cost.  Thanks.......... Pat..........

rgaskins, which laminate do you use for a project like this? And how much tack does the laminate have? Enough to hold up long term on plastic?

RPM Graphics - "So if you really think about......what's another $6k or $7k?"

Keeping my wife or being divorced lol

Ain't that the truth.  I have 2 side jobs just to be able to afford for my son to race.

It's def an expensive sport. I teach Graphic Design classes full time at the college here, and do graphic design for a living too. This Vinyl job has be come a hobby that is slowly turning into a job. After posting a few things I already have a few people wanting them. Just need to figure out a good competitive price that turns a profit for me and keeps people coming.

Hey rgaskins, I like your logo.  Would you be interested in doing a logo for my business.  Something that I can get as an EPS image.  I am not creative at all.  I am doing basic lettering stuff, no real designing.  I am looking for a logo to put onto the T's and Hoodies for my sponsored riders.  It would need to be no more than 3 colors because  I am using cad cut vinyl, no printing.  I would be willing to pay or barter.  Let me know who much something like that would cost.  Thanks.......... Pat..........

Pat, I will give you a pm, I think I can get you going!

rgaskins, which laminate do you use for a project like this? And how much tack does the laminate have? Enough to hold up long term on plastic?

I use alot of the Oracal laminate, for go kart wraps..Seems to hold up good on the fiberglass and plastic bodies...If you want I can print you one of these then laminate it and see what you think...

If you could print me something, I would appreciate it, mainly I wanna see how tacky the back is. How much are we talking to laminate something like this? it's about 7"x9 1/2"

Looks good!

Did you try a different blade? I use a 60 degree for pretty much everything because the 40's sometimes tear the vinyl.

As for laminating, I just save the file and offer a 12 mos pro-rated "warranty" for any install over $200.

This helps with an up sale, adds value and security and at even 50% there's just no way I can't make at least a little money on the $100.

RG