Sign in to follow this  
harmfulgraphics

FYI

Doctors

(A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is  700,000.

(:) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are  120,000.

© Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171  (17%).

Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human  Services.

Now think about this:

Guns

(A) The  number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000.

Yes, that's 80 million !

(:) The  number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is  1,500.

© The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is  .000188.

Statistics courtesy of the F.B.I.

So,  statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more

dangerous  than gun owners.

Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors  do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT  LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming  threat.

We must ban doctors before this gets  completely out of hand !

P.S. - Out of concern for the public at  large, I have withheld the

statistics on lawyers for fear the shock  would cause people to panic and

seek medical attention!

That is hilarious and I'll have to share it w others since my husband is a gun fanatic and daughter almost a lawyer. They will get a kick out of it!

Guest sciondrgn

Well since I have a gun and a doctor then Im pretty much screwed..  :-X

:-X

That is an interesting statistic .

reminds me of when the rage was to save everybody from the 3 wheeled ATVs . The years they " studied " ATV accidents & deaths .. there were more injuries & deaths resulting from bunkbeds . ;)

so how many people a year get murdered with guns in this country.

Not sure Dylan but there will be one more if some fool trys to break in my house! LOL

so how many people a year get murdered with guns in this country.

Not sure Dylan but there will be one more if some fool trys to break in my house! LOL

+1

I have nothing against guns..I sleep with a pistol next to my bed..guns don't kill people..people kill people. But guns do make it easier for nut jobs and people with short fuses.

If you want to see some amazing facts..check out the statistics..US  vs England..where they have strict gun control:

Gun Deaths - International Comparisons

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated): 

Homicide Suicide Other (inc Accident)

USA (2001)      3.98 5.92 0.36

Italy (1997)  0.81 1.1 0.07

Switzerland (1998) 0.50 5.8    0.10

Canada (2002) 0.4 2.0 0.04

Finland (2003) 0.35 4.45 0.10

Australia (2001) 0.24 1.34 0.10

France (2001) 0.21 3.4 0.49

England/Wales (2002) 0.15 0.2 0.03

Scotland (2002) 0.06 0.2 0.02

Japan (2002) 0.02 0.04 0

Facts are facts...the less people who own guns, the less gun-related deaths..by a WIDE margin. We are so far ahead of everyone else,it isn't funny.

Or maybe we just have more crazy people.

On a side note..wonder how many of those doctors also make the Millionaire list? Our congressman is one who would.

In time , IF guns could be kept from the criminals . Controls like as in England would be good as those statistics show . The trouble I see is until that time the non-crazy law abiding people would not have guns & anybody wanting 1 that is crazy or criminally intended would . I would like to see the statistics seperate police killing people legally & people defending themselves from intruders , robbers etc . ..A justified homicide statistic .  :-X

John,

Our congressman is one of those millionaire doctors as well.

;)  ;D  :-X

yeah, and we think they are going to look after OUR best interest when it comes to health care?

I actually always liked the saying "If guns are outlawed, then only outlaws will have guns!"

Guess that would qualify me as an outlaw

Harm

+ 1,000,000,000  :-X

I would also like a statistic on how many oppressive governments were overthrown or removed by a populace under strict gun control CHINA,NAZI GERMANY,CAMBODIA,NORTH KOREA, RUSSIA (Stalin). Doesn't anybody remember how this country was formed? By men of action who owned firearms. The way I see it, we owe our very freedoms to the fact they were permitted to own such freedom serving devices. Not to mention many of our soldiers served better especially in WWII because they had prior experience with firearms before being drafted/ or joined. The fact that this country is populated with 80,000,000 gun owners may be a huge deterrent to any foreign power considering invasion. You have the right to own or not. But all have a right to live in a peaceful society. And those who oppose gun ownership are protected by our Law Enforcement who all carry firearms. Do you really want an unarmed police force and disarmed public? Then the only folks who WILL have guns are the criminals who purchase them on the black market. Its too late to dream of a disarmed public. The right way to go is to keep the guns away from criminals by prosecuting the gun running black market and leave the law abiding citizens alone with all their rights in tact!!

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION!

I would also like a statistic on how many oppressive governments were overthrown or removed by a populace under strict gun control CHINA,NAZI GERMANY,CAMBODIA,NORTH KOREA, RUSSIA (Stalin). Doesn't anybody remember how this country was formed? By men of action who owned firearms. The way I see it, we owe our very freedoms to the fact they were permitted to own such freedom serving devices. Not to mention many of our soldiers served better especially in WWII because they had prior experience with firearms before being drafted/ or joined. The fact that this country is populated with 80,000,000 gun owners may be a huge deterrent to any foreign power considering invasion. You have the right to own or not. But all have a right to live in a peaceful society. And those who oppose gun ownership are protected by our Law Enforcement who all carry firearms. Do you really want an unarmed police force and disarmed public? Then the only folks who WILL have guns are the criminals who purchase them on the black market. Its too late to dream of a disarmed public. The right way to go is to keep the guns away from criminals by prosecuting the gun running black market and leave the law abiding citizens alone with all their rights in tact!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks and remember this quote. " The tree of liberty needs to refreshed from time to time with the blood of Patriots,.... and Tyrants! "

Thomas Jefferson

None of those regimes were removed from power by armed citizens.  In fact, 3 of them still remain today.  1 was removed from power by WWII, the other by it's own downfall, due in no part to firearms.

But, by all means, make firearms your principle means of dissent and power.

None of those regimes were removed from power by armed citizens.  In fact, 3 of them still remain today.  1 was removed from power by WWII, the other by it's own downfall, due in no part to firearms.

But, by all means, make firearms your principle means of dissent and power.

:thumbsup:

Midwaste I was trying to make a comparison between our country an others who are under strict gun control. No, firearms are the not the only tools of dissent, however, they are tools nonetheless. At least for the United States we tried many times to appeal to the British Government of the time. It didn't work. So other tools were needed. I am not here praising Revolution, far from it. But simply stating that the foundation of our freedoms is based upon the rights of the time, one of the few they had. And I will close with this. Do you think this great country you live in would be exactly the way it is right now, if the colonial British colonies enforced gun control over its subjects???

Thankyou for your input. Its nice to speak to a contrary opinion. Even though I am right  :thumbsup: