Sign in to follow this  
europeancardriver

Production tables, what have other built?

Looking into getting into this industry and have already found great info on this site. I was curious what you guys are using for production tables? Lighted and or unlighted welcome.

Thanks,

Tyler

I just use an 8ft  resin hard plastic folding banquet table  that you can purchase at home improvement stores,,

I just use an 8ft hard plastic  folding banquet table  that you can purchase at home improvement stores,,

+1 AND X2  ;D

Do those resin tables, stay nice and flat, they don't get 'sag' points to them?  Cause when making a 8' banner, I prefer it as smooth as possible.

Thanks

Mine is nothing more glamorous than two portable workbenches and an 8x3 sheet of MDF. But I am only just setting out too.

I checked this out last night...very nice! My wife and I like to go to yard sales. I will be keeping my eyes peeled. Your pictures were a tutorial in themselves. Thanks for posting!

I just use an 8ft hard plastic  folding banquet table  that you can purchase at home improvement stores,,

+1 AND X2  ;D

Not exactly correct. I actually have one of the plastic fold ups and the other one is  an older style (probably antique to be honest!) that doesn't fold in half, but the legs fold up. it is where I do most of the banner work. I also sometimes use the island counter top in the kitchen when the wife lets me get away with it.  ;D

Z

Do those resin tables, stay nice and flat, they don't get 'sag' points to them?  Cause when making a 8' banner, I prefer it as smooth as possible.

Thanks

no sag points, it is a straight 8ft, not fold in the middle. It is very sturdy. mine was purchased at a Menards Home Improvement Store.   I have been using the same table for 3 years.. I make mostly vehicle graphics that are 8-10ft long, they lay nice and flat and I also use the table to apply my app tape.   ;D

I'm currently using a 2'x5' table that I share with the wife.  On my side, I have a piece of foam board taped down that I do all the decal stuff.  I'm also currently remodeling my garage.  I ripped out some shelving, reused the biggest hunk of plywood (2'x9') as the table top.  I'll cover it with laminate before I begin to use it and I will move the heat press to one side of it.  Although I probably won't move the decal side out there totally, I will now have room to work with some of the larger stuff that I have been doing.  The table will see multiple duty as an integrated sewing machine table is the next item to build.  That will be 2'x4'.

I'd ran out of room in the garage as the only workbench I have isn't big enough to handle everything I need it to handle.  Basically turning my garage into a garage/t-shirt production/sewing area.

I use the dining room table. ;D

I started on the dining table. It still wears the scars for that! :)

I bought two used laminate topped table from work. 30"x60" -1" thick with steel legs and square edges and corners. Nice ;D

Mech has the other one. ;D

I use four 4'x6' tables (3/4"ply with laminate on top) edge to edge and clamps to hold them secure (16' x 6') ... and to 8'x4' tables smae design clamped end to end (16')... and a small metal desk for weeding.

Latitude 42

what are you using to hold the banner in place while applying the graphics. That is my issue. Although i have only done one, i swore not to do another but i have a friend wanting one. If i can figure out that part i might be ok.

what are you using to hold the banner in place while applying the graphics. That is my issue. Although i have only done one, i swore not to do another but i have a friend wanting one. If i can figure out that part i might be ok.

If you have the room set up 3 2x6 against a wall with a slight angle at the bottom drill holes for 1.25 inch dowels at different hieghts at a good working height then you can set one or two sheets of metal or other substrate on the dowels you can stretch your banner material on that and hold with spring clamps .it is much easier then laying flat.

Dan

• Like 2

I just do this as a hobby, so use a spare bedroom.  I bought this table and like it because it has a small foot print when folded and it is also higher than a normal table. 

post-3964-0-05657400-1362679569_thumb.jp

I wsaa working for an R.V. dealer when I first started "cutting" vinyl. The shop had to replace the rear wall on a travel trailer and I got the idea of using it for a work table. I made a 2x4 frame and mounted ihe wall after cutting it down to size. the aluminum framing of the wall with the heat bonded fiberglass has worked great foe about 4 years. I put a piece of tempered glass 3x6 and have another piece of the glass which I WANT TO MAKE A LIGHT TABLE FOR LAYERED ITEMS.(WILL TRY TO POST PIC)

post-5946-0-17938300-1362702118_thumb.jp

I just got an 8ft long 27" wide wooden work bench put in my "work room" Im planning on getting a piece of glass to put on top to cut on. Ideally I want a piece of granite or something like that but what type of glass should I get I see alot say tempered but wont just a regular piece of glass do the same thing? Im thinking maybe like a piece 1/4 inch thick. Was going to do plexiglass but I dont think the razor knife would be good on that....tell me what you all think :) And Thanks:)