NinjaEpisode

First signs

These are metal substrate.  Did these for our lakehouse which we're renting out to vacationers this year so decided we need to be a little responsible.  This is my first time cutting anything with the MH-871 other than just test cuts.  I've gotta say, a 60 degree blade makes a WORLD of difference.

I need to learn how to use SignBlazer, or maybe move to Flexi, to remove the areas of black that go behind the red so that I don't have overlapping vinyl.  I'm not thrilled with the way it gives me "lumps" where the two overlap.  That, and either I'm doing it wrong, or, it's just that the 871 can't efficiently cut below 1/2" size lettering without having some problems.  Dunno, it's probably just me and my being new to this.

post-5201-12986539246187_thumb.jpg

post-5201-12986539258753_thumb.jpg

Great looking signs. Keep up the good work and just play with the program that is how I learned to use mine.

Dave

They look great!

Remember that practice makes perfect, so practice allot on your own stuff.

I have cut down to 2.5 mm text with my refine 871, it wasn't pefect but it looked pretty darn good, good enough I wasn't afraid to sell it anyways.  Its all about blade depth and getting your offset dialed in perfect.  Small stuff most of the time requires a block font though.

I have cut down to 2.5 mm text with my refine 871, it wasn't pefect but it looked pretty darn good, good enough I wasn't afraid to sell it anyways.  Its all about blade depth and getting your offset dialed in perfect.  Small stuff most of the time requires a block font though.

Hey tlzimmerman,

Cutting at what speed and what force?  My blade is barely sticking out and with a 60 degree, I know I'm not going to have a problem, but I'm concerned about much smaller than a 1/2" without lifting during cutting.  I'm only cutting at a level 50 though so perhaps my blade is out too far and I need to go with more force?

normally I cut at 8-12 with a force around 100 ish, more or less depending on color and blade depth at the time.  50 sounds really low to me so I would think that you should retract the blade to 1/2 to 1/4 of a credit card and up the pressure, the less blade out the less it lifts in my experience.

Really nice work!  Layering looks great. I've played around with signblazer and I can't find a way to use it to add intersections like that.  If it can do it then I'd love to know how.  I made it happen in Illustrator once but even following the list of actions I performed I couldn't recreate it on a different image.  If flexi has that over signblazer I might just pony up the cash for flexi starter.

Really nice looking signs!!!

If it's been just as hot, as here lately, I can see your vacation home by the water is going to be rented ALL summer long!!  ;D

Hot? You ain't seen nothing yet,girlie

Don't say that!!  ;D

select all- arrange- weld- punch thru

That will remove the black under the red

your signs look good

select all- arrange- weld- punch thru

That will remove the black under the red

your signs look good

Thanks a ton, I'll definitely give that a shot!

Looks great, your insurance company should give you a discount!

I use a 60 degree blade at about 100-108 myself though I may need to go a little lighter with the blade extended a bit more as my new blade holder has a flat surface that seems to be lifting and catching on my more delicate cuts.

RG

Don't say that!!  :thumbsup:

Don't say that!!  ;D

And yall r on the cooler end of the state. ;D