Sign in to follow this  
SignGame

Fixing a wrinkle

Can I use a heat gun to fix a wrinkle in an install?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Can I use a heat gun to fix a wrinkle in an install?

• Fixing wrinkles?
    • Got a wrinkle need to fix

It has happened to me. If it is close to the border, what I do is I lift the letter or item and place it again. i've done it a few times.

Problem is the letter looks ruined for the most part. I was wondering if putting a heat gun to it would help me straighten it out,I guess I'll just end replacing it

Yeah, replacing it is the fastes easiest way. Just do the letter and replace it. Sometimes my girlfriend tries to save decals and with the time it takes to do so, it is better, faster and cheaper to replace it.

Guest kenya

Same here Joe........ easier to replace.

I've had some good results with a heat gun, but it doesn't work everytime.

Thanks for the input everyone, I just cut a new letter, put it in tommorow. Don't wanna waste anymore time on this particular job, plus I think I can get it done before the customer realizes it ever happened.

what I have dont on an install before if a letter or part of a graphic gets a bad wrinkle is take some left over ap tape and place it over what I am peeling up. The ap tap on top of the vinyl helps it from stretching...

yes, I do. I bought 4 about a year ago and 3 are still in the box. MOney well spent.

I don't go to sign shows and my local supplier delivers a lot cheaper than I can drive the 25 miles.

The lil chizlers work good on removing those decals on new fiberglass showers too. And that double stick tape the wife uses to stick hooks everywhere. ;)