Benr98

4x8 banner menu..and a question

Ok, here is a picture of a 4x8 banner menu we completed yesterday.  It was time consuming but overall wasn't to bad.

My question is would you or a company you know do this banner for LESS then $85.00??  I'll explain later why I ask.

Thanks everyone.......oh and btw sorry for the glare in the picture.

Jenny

Guest fivestar

Nice work and $5.00 sq.ft. is my lowest price on 4x8 too.

Thanks Five!

Thanks to you both for your price.

The reason I asked, is I quoted her $85.00 for her second banner just like that and they said, 'That's to much!"

Guest fivestar

It amazes me how people such as them, charging $5.00 for a sandwich says a price is too high (especially $85.00 for a banner that size).

The banner looks nice, Jen!

I am doing a 4x8 and charging $140.  The guy didn't even blink!  $85!  Wow!  That covers cost, but not time!

Have a great day!

PattyT

Thanks Patty!  Glad your customer didn't even blink....lol.

I agree Five......I have found since the times have changed, I have more wanting more for nothing!

Jenny

Thanks Patty!  Glad your customer didn't even blink....lol.

I agree Five......I have found since the times have changed, I have more wanting more for nothing!

Jenny

It is rough here in Michigan. No one wants to pay for anything! They think everything should be low cost to nothing. Companies are trying to take advantage of the weak economy here. 

Guest fivestar

Jenny go there and tell them you're purchase a $4.95 sandwich for $1.25 and see what they say.  :P

Space, I completely agree with you, but you know what makes this bad? They are out West!  :P

LMAO Five, I'll see if they will buy my offer!  :P

Jenny,

Looks good, and a great price!

There are now several places around me doing full color printed banners at $3.00 a sq.ft.  :P

These are on 13oz white, and the only additional expense is custom graphics.

I have not done a banner in months, and I am around the $5-$6 range for 2 colors, basic text, and what I call "in-house graphic" (if I have the image on file and do not have to spend time creating/modifying = in-house graphic).

Looks great! I have a quote from a potential customer wanting a menu board. I'm sure they would like to go the cheaper route so i'll offer them a A frame with coro blanks or a banner  :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for your comments!  Definitely noted!  :thumbsup:

Jenny

Banner look good oh yeah customers want everything for free nowadays my landlord here used to get his banners from me all the time even simple ones for birthdays and annivarsitys and some guy he know has a cousin starting out and he charged him $3.00 a sq ft so guess where he goes to now?  i know but thing is two months ago he called me telling me that if it was okay for him to place a order and i said sure reason was the other guy was taking forever and plus his material was cheap looking>>>>>>>>.I myself have not seen his work but i almost lost a customer for a $2.00 diffrence belive that............. 

Thanks Sandy, you are just to sweet!  :thumbsup:

Yogi, it's amazing how some customers will turn away from a good company for a couple bucks!  Well as your landlord found out, it's not always such a savings.....lol. 

We do more draft changes then many would allow without a fee and take the time to really get to know what the customer wants even if they are thousands of miles away.  Maybe SOME day the customers will learn to see that.

Looks good jenny. I had a customer change his mind on his lettering about 8 times ending up with my original design :lol:

Most bigger companies would charge more for all the revisions alone. As for as $85 being "too much" just tell them to seel a few more "Tri Tip" dinners to make up the difference :rolleyes:

Jason

Guest kenya

I wouldn't do it for $85.

There's way too much text there for that price. That is very time consuming, Jenny your time is worth more than that. :rolleyes:

I just did some coroplast signs for a BBQ guy. He wanted me to come down on my price, I said that I would & I'll stop by for 3 weekends in a row for 2 dinners for me & the hubby....... he gladly paid my price  :thumbsup:.

Some people think your items should be next to nothing, but they still want to get top dollar for theirs. :lol:

I just did some coroplast signs for a BBQ guy. He wanted me to come down on my price, I said that I would & I'll stop by for 3 weekends in a row for 2 dinners for me & the hubby....... he gladly paid my price  :lol:.

Love it!  :thumbsup:

I'd do it for $85 if I needed the money. My time isn't worth anything when I'm sitting around with nothing to do. IT's all money in the bank.