Sign in to follow this  
espy

MH721 Not Completing the Cut using Flexi 7.5

Hello,

I'm using Flexi 7.5, and am having a problem getting it to complete the cut on P's A's O's, etc.  It is leaving a small portion of the letter uncut, which causes huge problems during weeding.  I'm using autoweld, as well as auto-trap, but this didn't fix anything.  I'm thinking its the software rather than the cutter, because the cutter simply does what the software tells it to. 

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, how can I fix it?  This is frustrating because 1) the software that came with the cutter is crap, and won't do anything I need it to, and 2) the more expensive Flexi isn't working either...so I'm a little frustrated.

If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Espy

As far as I can tell the knife offset is what fixes this. I have mine set to .012inches. You can find it under the production manager Setup tab, default job properties. its the third tab over that looks like a knife. welding can help sometimes but this it the only thing i have found that pretty much cures it, most of the time. if you look at the blades they sent, the offset is .25mm in inches that is about .01 inches. Also the vinyl that comes with the plotter is not the greatest and can cause problems sometimes.

I changed the blade offset, which helped, but still doesn't complete the cut like it should, and it makes for very difficult weeding.  Any other ideas?

Hello, I emailed you a personal email please respond with the specifics on this issue. I would like to work with you on the problem so we can see what the resolution is. Some information I need to know is what size plotter you have. What software you are using. What settings you have tried adjusting in the software and any other helpful info you could provide. I would also recommend that you try Signcut, or Signgo demos to see if you get the same results.

www.signcut.net

www.signgo.com

I have the MH721, which is the 24" cutter.  Right now I'm using Flexi 7.6 because I need the design capabilities it offers over artcut and signgo, etc.  I have changed the blade offset to .012 (25mm) which is what the blade offset is of the blades that came with the cutter.  I am using a very good quality vinyl, Oracal 631.  I am using the autoweld feature also, but to no avail.  The problem that I'm running into is that the precision of the cutter is off when I cut small letters.  It doesn't complete the cut, and leaves small gaps of the letters uncut, which presents a huge problem during weeding.  I am trying to cut letters that are .25 inch tall.  It doesn't seem to have a problem on the larger letters, but I do a lot of small letter cutting in my business...so I need it to work for small letters as well as the large ones.  As far as signgo and artcut...well, I couldn't get them do even do the designs I needed because the design portion of the software is not very user friendly.  I'm just not sure where to go with this....but I need to find a way to fix this problem as soon as I can.

Espy

Guest fivestar

espy which fonts are you trying to cut?  I am running the exact same plotter and flexi 7.6 also and I have been able to cut letters at .25 inch with no problems.  Give me the fonts you are using and I will make some test cuts and let you know how I make out.

Blackjack is one of the fonts, as well as marydale.  You can download them for free here http://momscorner4kids.com.  I have tried playing with the settings, like the knife offset, which I have set to .012. I'm using auto weld, in the advanced tab. 

It seems like the precision of the cutter is just off, so it starts a cut, but it either doesn't complete it, or it is off a little, which makes weeding small letters almost impossible.  I know it's not the vinyl, because I'm using oracal 631, which is awesome in any other cutter but this one apparently..

I'm really at my wits end with this...so if someone could help me figure out why it's not completeing the cuts, I'd appreciate it. I've got jobs piling up, but no reliable cutter to complete them with.

Espy

Guest fivestar

Espy I just ran some test cuts with those fonts and I could not get them to complete the cuts at .25 inch either, I could at .5 inches however I know I seen you needed them at .25 inches.  I hope you find the answer to this, I know I have cut some fonts down to .25 but I am pretty sure the was Times Roman fonts.

I can't get it to complete the cut at .5, doesn't even complete the cut at 1 inch, but at 1 inch it's easier to deal with the incomplete cut, however I'm kinda frustrated that it doesn't complete the cut...seems like its a precision issue with the cutter, but I may be wrong. I've checked the knife offset, slowed the speed, reduced the force to 20G, increased it to 40g, but it just doesn't complete cuts....not sure what's going on.

Hello, I may already be working with you on this but if not please email me directly so we can get the issue resolved faster. If you could send me any examples of files you are having problems with too, or digital pictures of bad cutouts that would be helpful.

I to am having this problem when I cut smaller letters but I just figured that you get what you pay for, I worked in a sign shop for quite a few years and when I left I wanted a vinyl cutter but didn't want to pay the price of a Roland or a Graphtec. All of the machines we used in the sign shop had a way to calibrate the cutting whenever this problem would occur. The Refine has no such way of calibrating the cutting. So it is a real pain when you go to weed small items but I think that might be the nature of the [glow=red,2,300]beast[/glow].

Anybody that is having problems with this should try increasing the knife offset (even beyond .012).  Try .036 and see if that completes the cuts (it should overcut) and back down from there.

Espy, did you find a solution to your problem I'm having the same problem

here is the form and see the images i have

is that what was happening.. i have a 60 degree blade in the mail

so i hope that fixes it.. i have to come to MH Series is not the best

and is not so good cutter :(

that post is from 2007, and they haven't been on for a very long time :unsure:

i'm still trying to find a solution

I was having a similar problem with an old Seiki vinyl cutter. I figured it was just something I had to put up with from a cheap cutter with the bundled flexistarter software. What I finally discovered was the problem... the drive belt which controls the material rollers had a small tear in it, just enough to let it stretch a bit beyond its original length. This caused the vinyl to not return to quite the same place when completing cuts. I replaced the belt with one from Bando that seemed a little more durable than the original, and the problem is resolved. Perfect cuts over and over. Sometimes it is not the software, and trying to trick software into fixing a mechanical problem can be difficult to say the least.

Regards

• Like 1