BossThinksImWorking

tiles and coasters have been selling great

I loved all of it! Great job! I also love your store, it has that small town charm.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Logston.Roger.Carolane/MONOGRAMS#

I hope the link works. I've been doing loads of personalized tiles and coasters so put a few pics up on Picasa. (Yea, I know there's some extra stuff on there but I'm too tired to take those pics down right now.)

Carol 

They look very nice!

If you don't mind me asking where can you get tiles at and what are these going for each roughly?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys,

I buy the tiles at Lowe's and they cost between $.32 each (coaster size), up to $6.50 each for the 18" ceramic tiles. My average price is less than $1.50 each for the 12" ceramic tiles and I sell those for around $14 each. For the granite tiles ($5.50 each), I start at $24 and the larger ceramic tiles start at $28. I just finished 3 more of those for one customer. They make great family or housewarming gifts.

Carol

Are you using 631 for all of these?  I didnt know they had gold 631, or is that something else?

They look great!  I just bought a whole bunch of different tile myself today and also talked with two shop owners who are willing to let me put my stuff up.

Heh, I just noticed the one you have "Bryant" on is the same tile from Lowe's I just finished yesterday.  I have a feeling the jagged/non-straight edges of that are going to be popular.

Also, if you dont mind sharing, where are you sourcing your stands?  I have found a few places online, but for the scrolls and such that you have displayed, they are around $5-9 bucks each.  However, I am not against doing a little extra decorating of a plain stand, which it looks like you have.

Yea, those irregular-edged, tiles are some of the best sellers here. The granite tiles are pretty popular for modern kitchens, though.

Most of the easels in these photos came from a local shop and I got a great deal on them ($3-$5 ea.), but I've also found some pretty good buys at Hobby Lobby. Just gotta wait for them to be 1/2 price to make them affordable - but seems Hobby Lobby does that every few weeks.

Congrats on getting the stores to take your tiles. This should be great for the both of you, because they are honestly worth more than I'm selling them for. I"m just a sucker for the quick cash so I price them cheap.

Carol

Thanks so much for sharing the link Carol.............super job!!

Question?  Do you use anything to spray coat these tiles after you put the vinyl on them?

Question?  Do you use anything to spray coat these tiles after you put the vinyl on them?

+1

They dont look like they have been lacquered or anything, but it might not be a bad idea.  However, it would defeat the purpose of using matte 631 vinyl.

I heat mine up with a heat gun and roll them with a rubber brayer as hard as I can.  Sometimes, Ill also use an air jet to blow the vinyl into crevices while its warm.

midwaste, You heat the tile first? then put the vinyl on using a rubber brayer to roll it.. I have not done any of these as my machine is on the way.  Can't wait.. 

Love all your tiles dear.

Peppermint

ok, now you did it,, now i am interested in tiles,, love the granite looking ones,,

just one more thing for me to get interested in..

would you mind sharing your eps, for some of your sayings,,?

Thanks

MonkeyMeMe

Carol....FANTASTIC JOB...and what an ispiration girl  ;)  Can I ask a question..(of coarse I can this is a forum)  ;)  The Golden Rambler with Gods words on it...what did you do to that rambler to make it shiny like it is?  Thanks

MMM - DITTO that...I am off to the store! LOL :thumbsup:

Dazzel

Great stuff...do you seal the coasters?  Does the condensation cause the vinyl to lift?

Again, nice work!

Jacki Brown