dvddvd

Why do I get a line on right hand side top to bottom?

I have been taking images from the internet (logos etc) and vectorising them and then seeing what they would cut out like. Ive been using the plotter to test.

I have noticed  that I get a vertical line running top to bottom to the right hand side of my design? If i put a weed box around my design prior to it been cut its just inside the weed box.

Why does it appear? thanks

It seems it appears if the image is on a transparent background and I put a larger coloured square over the top of it and then bring the design to the front?

I don't recommend you admit to plucking copyrighted logos off the internet. Thank you for not posting the images here.

That being said, after you vectorize the image, go in the node edit mode, if there's a vector line there, it should appear and  you can delete those nodes.

Get to know how to use the node edit function, but you will use it a lot if you need to clean designs.

• Like 2

No lines in the node mode? It's not visable until you sent it to the cutter and it appears? Thanks

png isn't cuttable - it is generally a raster file from all the ones I used with my roland printer.   at least I never seen one personally - 

Just tried exporting a vector to png and reimporting it and it is pixels and not nodes and lines - so png not vector

Hi thanks for the reply.

I import the image and then vectorize it, so converting it to vector. Then send it to the cutter and all is well until it shows me what its going to cut and the line appears?

I would bet that when you vectorize the image it is vectorizing the edge of the picture or something like that. Have you viewed it in wireframe mode after vectorizing? 

I rarely have had acceptable traces on images. Most of the time the computer cannot accurately figure out what is what on a raster image and you get inconsistencies which carry over into the trace as wicked little nodes that are aiming at all sorts of angles. I end up spending more time trying to clean them up than just recreating the design from scratch like the original artist did. I often recreate clients old logo's that they do not have a vector of. 

• Like 1

Hi  its not there in wire mode, it only appears when you send it to the cutter.? in the send to be cut window

If it is not copyrighted then show screen shots.   Or post the file as an .eps.   No idea what you are doing.   Have you contacted Vinyl Master and shown them?  They are your tech support. 

That line has something there. You have to edit the nodes.   Picture enclosed.   Put it on wireframe. Ungroup.  Delete the right lower corner nodes or cut it.     Those nodes do show up in wire frame.  When I clicked on the lower right node it went to what is showing.  But that line is showing it is a path in wireframe.  This is how it shows in my Flexistarter software. 

line picture.JPG

line2.JPG

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 12:59 PM, haumana said:

... after you vectorize the image, go in the node edit mode, if there's a vector line there, it should appear and  you can delete those nodes.

Get to know how to use the node edit function, but you will use it a lot if you need to clean designs.

9 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

That line has something there. You have to edit the nodes.

Learn how to edit the nodes. That will be very crucial in your success (or failure) of producing a good product.

Google and Youtube are your friend. The forum will guide you, but you have to learn the process on your own, because it is an important skill set.

• Like 1

Hi many thanks, it didnt show up in the vectorize window in wire frame. But i accepted and went into wire frame view in the normal window and it showed up  thanks

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.