Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

VM Pro Crashes when opening it after restart??

I don't typically turn off my system, but I had to today, and went to reenter into Vinylmaster Pro, and it crashed,

Has anyone else had this issue?

Any possible solutions? I haven't had this problem prior to today, and no Windows updates were installed.

Thank you,

Sometimes drivers can become corrupt, you may want to try reinstalling it. Not sure if that will affect your license or not.

If VinylMaster crashes or hangs and a Bug Report window appears, please follow through the instructions for it to be emailed to our Support team.

If you use webmail such as hotmail, gmail or Yahoo etc. in VinylMaster click the Help menu > Support > Upload Incident Report and from this window you can save the Bug Report to your Desktop as a text file. You can attach this file in your webmail account and send this to bug@iifuture.com where it can be assessed and the problem dealt with. 

Also this may be of help as well:

Windows and Drivers

In order for VinylMaster and your cutter and/or printer to function correctly on your computer, the Windows operating system and any installed programs, drivers and networks must be properly installed and functioning correctly (i.e. these must be stable).

If you’re experiencing problems using VinylMaster on your computer and/or getting error messages please visit this comprehensive Diagnostic website provided by Microsoft:

Antivirus/Malware

Your Antivirus/Malware programs must also be configured to permit VinylMaster to operate unrestricted. This usually means that you must set VinylMaster as a Safe program from within your Antivirus Software. Please consult that software’s help file for instructions. 

I found that too many fonts on your OS can make VinylMaster trip up.

Moved and Filed my Fonts outside of Drive C: and haven't had a problem since.

Windows now has only has about 800 fonts to deal with. Vm's Font Manager,

(PRO version and above?) is used to 'retreive' others from my Data drive.

Fonts are individual and separate programs that run directly in Windows. VinylMaster simply asks Windows for a list of all its installed fonts and Windows provides a list of all the fonts it has installed in Control Panel > Fonts. This is the list you see in the VinylMaster dropdown list of fonts.

The fonts which are provided with VinylMaster are stored but not installed in C:Program Files (x86)FutureCorp\VinylMaster\Fonts\FutureFonts.

If you wish to use any of these fonts you can install these via Control Panel > Fonts folder, or with Font Manager (VinylMaster Pro and Xpt).

​Note: Don't install more than 1000 fonts as this can destabilize Windows from operating correctly, especially Windows Xp, Vista and 7.

Guest MIss VaVa

i was creating a project which has already been used saved and was in process of adding extra details when it stopped importing files and then would not allow me to save.  i wasnt even able to close the program to restart.  I was forced to reset my entire computer and then the file is all gone not even the previously saved part of it and i am unable to recover any of the project at this time.  I have attempted several restore points in my computer but to no avail i havent been able to solve this issue.  not sure how to remedy this 

Go into the search of your computer.  Usually lower left corner.  See if you can search the name of the file.  If it's gone, nothing you can do about it, that I am aware of.  I always put a copy of my files in email drafts, so I can get it from any computer. My files are backed up 3 ways. You have to plan for stuff like this. It will happen. 

Windows no longer has the "lower left corner" -- everything is on a dynamic taskbar (cribbed from Apple's MacOS).

Alternatively, use "Windows key + S" keyboard shortcut.

Which reminds me, I need to back up my files!

Windows no longer has the "lower left corner" -- everything is on a dynamic taskbar (cribbed from Apple's MacOS).

Alternatively, use "Windows key + S" keyboard shortcut.

Which reminds me, I need to back up my files!

Where does the OP state which Windows they are using?  They don't.  I am on Windows 10 and it certainly has the search bar..in the lower left corner.  I have had every windows up to 10 and they have had the search bar. PLUS, You can enable that search box on lower left side on Windows11 or hide it on certain builds of Windows 11. This video shows a prerelease October 7/2022,  The info can be found other places online.  

windows 10.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this