Just learned how to create forced perspective decals. Had fun working with this one, although it was a bit of a challenge for me trying to figure out how to do what I wanted in Inkscape & SCALP 4. 

This is what it looks like when standing underneath;

From Below

This is standing down the hallway about 15 feet;

From In Front

I'll definitely be looking into doing more projects like this. =) 

• Like 9

I need to upload another pic of the (completely) finished product. You might notice on the close-up that there's a gap on the left side... Found out when I applied the decal that my walls aren't exactly square :wacko: , so I could only make one side of the center portion of the decal touch at a time... it was either the ceiling joint or the wall joint. Luckily the design is a little rough by nature, so I was able to just cut a couple extra pieces of red vinyl and "patch" the gaps.  

That is pretty darn cool right there.  I would like to know more about the technique.  Did you find a how-to video or was it trial & error?

btw - walls and ceilings are seldom square...

Cal

Huey Lewis once said "It's hip to be square"   :P

and the young uns in the crowd are now scratching their heads wondering about why it was only huey and didn't include Duey and Luey

• Like 2

That is pretty darn cool right there.  I would like to know more about the technique.  Did you find a how-to video or was it trial & error?

btw - walls and ceilings are seldom square...

Cal

Here's the tutorial I used, although it could be simplified quite a bit... (all you need is the outline boxes, not the crosshairs in the middle.)

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wall-Illusion-Easy-Forced-Perspective-Wall-Art-/?ALLSTEPS

I used Inkscape and SCALP 4. If you want to give it a go, let me know if you run into trouble. 

• Like 1