Sign in to follow this  
Charles_65802

Someone make this graphics

Where are your manners?

1st post and you want someone to instantly do something for you.   

How about an introduction?

Yeah what he said

mark-s

• Like 2

If that was something I needed I promise you it would be cheaper to pay for it if you value your time. I've been at this for years and even then I sent 2 jobs to forum member this week because I am overbooked and I consider it money well spent. Who was that masked man who so willing took my money :) in exchange for doing such awesome vector work on a rush? Don't go tellin' anybody because I'd hate for him to get so busy that I have to wait in line but his name is Skarekrow. There are several other on here and throughout the web that will redraw that for you but I bet factory decals would be way cheaper based on the amount of work involved.

• Like 3

Charles I suggest that you make some paper templates to match the shapes you need on the bike then you can either scan them in and make a vector from that or take a pic with a ruler beside them and bring it into your program of choice and enlarge it until it's to scale. Getting something to fit from a picture isn't going to work very accurately in your situation. SkareKrow, myself and several others on here do vector work from time to time. Sometimes pro-Bono but more often than not for a fee. Our time is valuable too. I personally prefer to try the teach a man to fish principal here on the forum so you can get your feet under you and do your own work in the long run. 

If the paper template thing isn't working I have also seen people use a piece of paper app tape and install it like vinyl then draw on it where they want the vinyl and then once removed you will have a decent template to work with. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the kind words, Jay... Happy 2 Oblige.

That is a fairly ambitious project for a beginner, Charles.

Complex curves can/will sneak up and spoil a template initially

designed from a photo only. It can be a good start but normally will

need the adjustments that a (first draft) template can provide.

Do you have a cutter and software or are you looking for

someone to design AND produce the decals?

Just depends on how accurate you want it to be. It's mind over matter. If you don't mind it don't matter. 

If the contours are relatively flat on the bike I might hold a tape up by the bike and take a straight on pic to work from and then draw it out. Use the tape measure to upscale your pic to be accurate by making a block that is 12" long and scale your picture until the inches on the tape matches the block and you will be working in real scale. I don't know if that makes sense but that's how I do it. 

The other thing you probably need to consider is the plastic on most bikes is probably high energy so you may want to search for vinyl that is suitable for this application. 

Charles I suggest that you make some paper templates to match the shapes you need on the bike then you can either scan them in and make a vector from that or take a pic with a ruler beside them and bring it into your program of choice and enlarge it until it's to scale. Getting something to fit from a picture isn't going to work very accurately in your situation. SkareKrow, myself and several others on here do vector work from time to time. Sometimes pro-Bono but more often than not for a fee. Our time is valuable too. I personally prefer to try the teach a man to fish principal here on the forum so you can get your feet under you and do your own work in the long run. 

If the paper template thing isn't working I have also seen people use a piece of paper app tape and install it like vinyl then draw on it where they want the vinyl and then once removed you will have a decent template to work with. 

excellent post...thanks!

Oh heck if he's doing it himself he can do whatever he wants. Might be fun to switch makes between the two jut to mess with peoples minds. 

• Like 1

I got both bikes I just would like if someone can do ether one the ninja 300 the decals is not u.s decals and can't get it in the u.s and the gsxr is coustom ones and that I like