TonZaga

Sun visor strip

Anyone here made a sun visor strip for a vehicle?  I kinda want to place a matte black strip on my car with some gloss black writing.  Question is, do I arch the bottom in my software or will the curve of the window do that for me?  Thanks!

On 99% of vehicles it will be thinner in the middle due to the arch in the glass. If you really want to see how it looks cut a strip of butcher paper 6" wide and lay it across the windshield. By the time you get the corners high enough you'll probably have 2" hang in over in the middle. I do all mine wet and trim to fit on the car.

• Like 4

There was a formula posted on here some place about how to account for the arch of the windshield. When I made mine I took some paper layed it out on the window, then drew a line on the paper that was 6" from the top of the window. By the time I was done I had a pretty serious arch. Took a photo of the finished product, pulled it into inkscape and created a vector to match. The arch of mine was significant enough that I had to adjust the words/design to follow the arch so that they appeared straight when it was installed on the car.

• Like 1

There was a formula posted on here some place about how to account for the arch of the windshield. When I made mine I took some paper layed it out on the window, then drew a line on the paper that was 6" from the top of the window. By the time I was done I had a pretty serious arch. Took a photo of the finished product, pulled it into inkscape and created a vector to match. The arch of mine was significant enough that I had to adjust the words/design to follow the arch so that they appeared straight when it was installed on the car.

Although this may not be the most convenient way of doing it, it is the most accurate and will give most people the best result - assuming they don't own the window tinting CDs with all the window measurements...

• Like 1

I've only done 1 but it came out good. 

I ran a string across the top corners of the windshield.   Then, at the center of the windshield I measured from the top of the windshield to the string.  

I believe I measured about 2".  so in my program I just put a 2 inch deep arch in the text.   

Worked for me. 

• Like 1