eddieb378

Computer help

Can any of you guys tell me how I can remove malware from my computer? I have windows 8 and the pop ups are terrible. It's either malware or a virus

I use cc cleaner, malwarebytes AND norton360 - they all seam to catch different things and play well together - 

It should help maybe not 100% depending on what you have but it'll definitely healp.

once infected I always opt for the format and reload everything.  I have a child that when she lived at home would get a virus -then go from computer to computer to see if it had the same effect. kept me busy.

• Like 1

Where do I find ccleaner the site I used to download it from is where I think I got this mess from when I downloaded Inkscape.i think it was file hippo

Yes,, you really have to watch when you download stuff...  You end up with toolbars you don't want,  and I ended up with that Delta search, which will take over your computer, as well as putting ads over my content, so I couldn't read it...and it was making my computer run real slow... even though I had Norton360...  The  adwcleaner    got rid of that......

I had Norton 360 too when I got this. I deleted it after I got angry with it letting me get a virus or mailware or what it was!

A good one if you have browser hijacking is HiJack This.

I run ATF-Cleaner, Avast, CCleaner, HiJack This, Malwarebytes, Registry Cleaner, Spyware Terminator. They seem to keep my computers up and running fine as well as others i have worked on. Never had luck with Norton's.  

Downloading these now.  I have a toolbar thingy issue that I am not sure how to deal with on my own.... will try these!

Downloading these now.  I have a toolbar thingy issue that I am not sure how to deal with on my own.... will try these!

Hi jack this will kill most tool bars

When you DL it  check the bottom box do not show this and then go to  Open misc tools and  then main then check mark everything or you will be there for a while checking boxes. then scan away  and fix.

• Like 1

Hijack made me nervous.... it kept warning if I "fixed" everything it could jack up my computer.  I wasn't sure if all the items found were ok to "fix"....

+1 for Malware Bytes and CCleaner.  I recommend both for anyone who talks to me with Windows related computer issues.

• Like 1

What's the "high score" anyone has seen with malwarebytes? A girl at work came in and her laptop had 1600, yep, 1600. Told her to stay off the "adult sites" or someone in her house. I've seen a lot of 200 and 300's.

Also, It's very important to keep running it until it comes up zero and restart after every clean. You may find 50 the first run then restart and find another 50, keep testing and restarting until you see zero. One layer will revel another layer and so on....