wagspe208

Ease of use

So, 99.9% of what I do is simple letter, number, shadows, etc. I don't need, or use the flexibility of corel draw, or high end sign making software.

So, what is the gang's opinion on Sure Cuts a Lot Pro for ease of "simple use"?

Or stated another way... can a 45 year old guy who cuts d couple dozen times a year fire it up and run?

Thanks

Wags

I tried Sure Cuts when Uscutter first started offering it and all I can say is if I can't hit enter to start a second line of text it's has now design worth to me.

I think I would download the SignBlazer program that mb20music mentioned (and the patch). I have a copy on my work computer and have been pretty impressed with it. Or you could go with Inkscape which is also a free program and works great. You will still need a cutting program (like SCALP or signcut) if you go with the Inkscape option.

I tried Sure Cuts when Uscutter first started offering it and all I can say is if I can't hit enter to start a second line of text it has no design worth to me.

They still haven't fixed that?

Incredible.

I've got 3.056 installed and you still can't use the enter key to start a new line of text. I understand it slipped by in beta but it's been on the market for close to a year without a fix.

If SignBlazer works with your cutter I would give it a try.

I have sign blazer... for a casual user... it is not "easy". I downloaded the trail surecutsalot... and in 10 min I had the basic stuff I needed. Signblazer is surely superior.... but like any tool... use it 6 times a year it is more complicated.

I have a graphtec ce5000...

I may buy sure cuts a lot. I will go back and try signblazer again, as it has been a couple months. Whichever one is faster wins.

Last question... on US cutter site the pro is 199. On the us cutter ebay store the sure pro is 99. WTF?

Thanks

Wags

Oh, the ability to put in weeding cuts on SCAL was pretty cool! ,

US CUTTER ROCKS!

So, I called US Cutter and asked why the price difference. He said promo code...etx. I said, well, can I just order through you, now? SSure... He looked up my history... said "you hace a CE5000 under warranty".... ok.... "Well, we are not supporting signblazer........anymore..... you can just have the software". "Here is the activation code, and link to updates". "Set your cutter to XXXX and software to XXXX"

AWESOME!

"Free software", support, win win.

THANKS US CUTTER!

Wags

• Like 3

US CUTTER ROCKS!

So, I called US Cutter and asked why the price difference. He said promo code...etx. I said, well, can I just order through you, now? SSure... He looked up my history... said "you hace a CE5000 under warranty".... ok.... "Well, we are not supporting signblazer........anymore..... you can just have the software". "Here is the activation code, and link to updates". "Set your cutter to XXXX and software to XXXX"

AWESOME!

"Free software", support, win win.

THANKS US CUTTER!

Wags

USCutter really does rock. I have had nothing but good experiences with them from day 1. I HAVE had one or two things go missing in shipping but they have always made it right and I have also been the recipient of a few strange things that have been like a bonus. For instance I once ordered 5yds of Orange Siser HTV and I either got 10yds by accident or it was near the end of a roll and was not a full 10yd so they sent the whole thing, either way I got about 2 times as much as I paid for! 

I'm 52 and just in the past month started cutting vinyl. Signblazer was much easier to learn for me.

Glad to hear you took our advice, Shane.

Makes me feel that we're not just whistling dixie.

I remember offering you the info about SBE back at Christmastime.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42976-what-is-a-tile/?p=338780

Yes... you did... When I get free time... I get back here and try to figure out more.

I think my advantage for the SBE is the online tutorial... well organized on Craft Tecs site.

I already did a couple images to cut.

It seemed easier for me.

Thanks a ton to all!

Wags

Or maybe just understanding some "terms" makes it easier. I will go back to SBE and try to redo the projets I just did.