Sign in to follow this  
jbthrock21

Tiling Problem

i have search the forum trying to find the answer but i'm not sure what the problem is and can't get a clear answer so i'm going to ask. Ok i have a mh871 and use signblazer. the problem is when i try to cut some and i have to tile it the second tile goes crazy when it starts cutting like it doesn't know where to start or it's lost home (just what it looks like but not sure).

i have tried a couple of different thing to try and help. First i cut the first tile and it cut it out perfect and then i cut the machine off to clear the memory and when i click cut tile it starts and goes crazy. (i don't think memory is a problem because i have cut stuff 6-8 ft long with no problem just not tiling. what i'm trying to cut is nothing complex just a roof number for a racecar. i think the number is 28" tall and 36" wide. And the font is nothing crazy. My machine is 30" but i use 24" rolls and have the setup 23.5" x 3000. The only thing that confuses me and i read it on the forums is someone said that i might have to edit the lines or rotate to make the second tile cut right not sure what that means but any help would be appreciated alot!! i dont know what i'm missing but i hope someone can help me figure this out. Thanks

Yea I understand that but at some point I'm gonna have to tile and that's why I'm trying to figure it out. The size is nnot the problem its the tiling that I'm trying to figure out.

Wow that was kind of a hostile answer. Maybe Skeeters having a bad day or something. I don't use signblazer so can't help you out much other than moral support. Sooner or later your going to do something that is bigger than your vinyl even if its 30" so unless your going to buy a 54" cutter then getting tiling figured out is just common sense and who wants to invest in 30" rolls just to have full width when you only do an occasional larger job anyway. There are several people who are signblazer gurus who will hopefully chime in with real help.

Value cutter with limited memory and a flaky USB it serial converter built in . . . Use serial connection to a serial port on a xp machine and just highlight one part of the tile at a time to cut . . .should get by doing that.

I use signblazer all the time.  I have yet had to tile anything tho so I am of no help.  I have one logo I cut quite often, sometimes larger than my cutter but I manually split the logo for that and just cut each half by itself.  Tile would have been another way to go I suppose.

You might look into SignCut as a cutting software. It tiles great. You have to design elsewhere like inkscape or illustrator or corel draw and import the design. I am not sure but I think they offer a two week free trial.

SignBlazer is Austrailian, not Chinese. After you do the first cut, have you tried backing out of the cut screen (Finish) and going back in but this time just cut the second tile? I haven't had this happen to me but it may be worth a try.

you can tile it manually. I know i'm in different software but i do this all the time when I dont want to let my software tile my vinyl.

Just cut it apart where you need to, make sure you've allowed for overlap.

I use SB and an old Laser Point - I have tiled many times with no issues so I can't help you with that one --- I would be interested to find out what is causing it in case I ever do have a problem.  Good luck.