Sign in to follow this  
RWOOD77

15" x 15" Digital Swing-arm Heat Press

Hi,

I bought my heat press about 8 months ago.  I set the temprature on 315 degrees for 15 seconds.  I've left it on this setting for 8 months without changing it.  Two nights ago the temprature rose above 315 without me changing the setting.  I turned it off and unplugged it and tried it again the next day and when I did the warm up it warmed 315 degrees.  I pressed 2 shirts and turned the machine off.  Later that same day I turned it back on and without changing any setting it rose above the 315 degrees that I have it set on..  Is this a known problem?  Do you have any advise on how to correct this issue? 

Thanks for your time,

Robbie

I'm no expert by no means but maybe you could tell us what brand it is. Could be a relay, t-stat, thermometer not working etc.

Oh, and welcome aboard.

Mine will fluctuate 3 or 4 degrees in day to day operations. If it's more than 5 degrees over you may have issues.

Mine's (Gecko 15x15) only fluctuates when using it... otherwise it's within a degree of the temp I have it set on.

My 15x15 will fluctuate 2 degrees sitting and up to 4 in use. .My hat press stays in a 5 degree range all the time

RWood77 get a temp sensor gun and let the heat press heat up. check to see if its actually getting that hot. there might be a bug in the temp sensor.

Mines like skarekrows and only when I close it, i thinking wires are lose.

I have the swing away 15"x15" heat press and mine fluctuates a little above then a little below during use. Just keep an eye on it, as long as it doesn't just keep going up without stopping you should be ok. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend getting an infrared temp gun to check your temperature because my digital readout is not even close to either C or F temperatures. I have played around with the thermal temp gun so I knw where it should be for various materials but I still check it regularly to be sure. I was having problems getting things to go right until I got the temp gun now life is good! :rolleyes: