.:eMETAL:.

another "I need vectorizing help" thread

Been reading and reading and trying watch some of the vids but unfortunately they no longer are valid urls.  

Can anyone help me vectorize my father's shop logo?  I had a sign shop make me the main sign for his shop but now I have purchased a cutter to start doing some stuff on the side and have had ok luck with everything but this :(  it's just not coming out clean for me... appears to have tons of layers?

Any help is greatly appreciated, trying to be a sponge here and read before adding clutter to the threads.

post-42056-0-62203400-1369263434_thumb.j

THANK YOU!!!  had trouble saving it as an eps file on my imac but saved it as a TIFF file and this is LEAPS AND BOUNDS closer to a cut!

I would look at it before I thanked anyone.  That is not a vector file - just saved as .eps

here is a slightly different cog to go with the Gadget font and you are most of the way there

cog.eps

thisone has a more starter shaped gear and the right font

updated other one has some issues

test.eps

I would look at it before I thanked anyone.  That is not a vector file - just saved as .eps

So what did I do wrong so I can not do it again LOL

I found the answer My adobe I am using doesn't save as a real .eps it is still a raster image. Sorry for mis-info on the file

I found the answer My adobe I am using doesn't save as a real .eps it is still a raster image. Sorry for mis-info on the file

Did you trace it first?   What Adobe are you using?   If Photoshop,  it is a raster program.  not vector.  You need Adobe illustrator,

attachicon.gifforum.epsi believe i just posted thia and it is not here now

Now that is some first class digitizing right there - great job Jason!

• Like 1

holy, thanks!  So the problem I was having with my eps files is that I don't have a program that uses eps files on my mac.  This will be fixed once I download cs6 and start using illustrator. 

I thank anyone willing to help!  as my sig says... I'm a definite newb. ;D

attachicon.gifforum.epsi believe i just posted thia and it is not here now

probably my bad as I posted this in two places last night after I discovered the Vectorizing Subforum Help.  Wasn't sure which would actually get seen.  Thank you as well sir!

Did you trace it first?   What Adobe are you using?   If Photoshop,  it is a raster program.  not vector.  You need Adobe illustrator,

Photoshop yup, so I have found my issue

Since inkscape is a vector program, does that mean that pictures are automatically vectored once imported or created in inkscape?